Thread: TimeGate

Default TimeGate

So is anyone here going to TimeGate - the Doctor Who/Stargate/Sci-Fi convention in Atlanta this weekend? I love both and had no idea there was a convention specifically for them!
    Last edited by AgentRoswald; 26-May-2011 at 16:39.

Sounds like a fun convention. Though i'm on the west coast so even if I could it doesn't sound very worth it. Especially not with comic-con and others down in LA/San Deigo.

I would really like to hear just what the hell MGM is going to do with stargate as a franchise now however. Kinda funny how hardcore stargate fans boycotted SGU since it was similar to BS-G, and now seemingl all stargate projects are officially canceled. Fans killing off their own franchise, really?

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Sounds like a fun convention. Though i'm on the west coast so even if I could it doesn't sound very worth it. Especially not with comic-con and others down in LA/San Deigo.

I would really like to hear just what the hell MGM is going to do with stargate as a franchise now however. Kinda funny how hardcore stargate fans boycotted SGU since it was similar to BS-G, and now seemingl all stargate projects are officially canceled. Fans killing off their own franchise, really?
    It will be me and my girlfriend's first time attending so I hope it will be fun...but I can guarantee it won't be *anything* like Dragon*Con (which is the mother of all cons on the east coast).

Regarding Stargate fans killing their own franchise, in their defense, SG-U sucked compared to SG-1 and Atlantis. The whole feel of the show was off and didn't work near as well in my opinion. Granted I didn't like BSG either so that probably why.

So have you attended ComicCon? And if so, do you costume as well?

I haven't attended ComicCon before and since Lost, SG-U, etc. is over I don't honestly care about going anymore. Even if Fringe or Super 8 had a panel. JJ doesn't really like putting any "spoilers" out there.

Oh plus Comic Con, E3, etc are all over 350 miles away. Going down I-5 sucks, a lot.