View Poll Results: is there a political trend with AB'S being more toward one side of the spectrum and DL'S being towar

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • AB Liberal

24 22.02%
  • AB Conservative

12 11.01%
  • AB Moderate

5 4.59%
  • DL Liberal

25 22.94%
  • DL Conservative

27 24.77%
  • DL Moderate

16 14.68%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Conservative DL'S...Liberal AB's

Default Conservative DL'S...Liberal AB's

i guess im trying to test a theory about the politics of ab's vs dl's so im hoping to get feedback from both people who identify as dl or ab. if you are both please pick which one you feel you are the most...if you feel you are both equally feel free to participate too...

my theory which may be totally incorrect is that dl's tend to be conservative while ab's tend to be liberal.

This poll has 6 choices...AB Liberal AB Conservative AB Moderate DL Liberal DL Conservative DL Moderate.

thank you for your input...

---------- Post added at 00:40 ---------- Previous post was at 00:33 ----------

ILL go first. im a bleeding heart Liberal and I'm mostly AB. Also if you care to answer: did you grow up well off middle class or poor and where do u consider your self now? i grew up poor in foster care...im still poor but working to change that...

My guess would be that people who are closeted (AB, DL or otherwise) will tend to be more conservative than those who are not. That's just my wild and irresponsible speculation based on myself as the test subject. When closeted, I tried to distance myself from being perceived to espouse ideas that might lead people to reveal the truth about me, and so I came off as very conservative. Now I'm on the liberal side of moderate, just because I understand that it's about people, not dogma.

Quote Originally Posted by doofy View Post
    My guess would be that people who are closeted (AB, DL or otherwise) will tend to be more conservative than those who are not. That's just my wild and irresponsible speculation based on myself as the test subject. When closeted, I tried to distance myself from being perceived to espouse ideas that might lead people to reveal the truth about me, and so I came off as very conservative. Now I'm on the liberal side of moderate, just because I understand that it's about people, not dogma.
    99 percent of the community for good reasons is closeted...i think the better word would be how extravagant or sensationalist a person in our community is...like i tend to notice that those who talk about poop with out going eww tend to come off as liberal on other posts...i guess at the end of the day its all assumptions....one of the reasons that i made this poll was to try and stop my self from boxing people in and to find a way to look past the fact that many people in our community are in fact conservative and are good people....i dont think its a secret that my dislike for conservatives borders on hatred and its starting to bother me....

---------- Post added at 01:12 ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 ----------

oh jeeze..i just realized i left out an important political philosophy...libertarianizm...although i tend to get the feeling that many if not most libertarians side mostly with conservatives or the republican party, i still think its a big omission...i dont think i can change the poll to include it can i?

This is a silly poll for several reasons.

(1) AB/DLs aren't represented.
    (2) The community is overwhelmingly going to be liberal by US standards on both sides because, as a mostly sexual group, we mostly share in open views of social issues more in line with US liberals than conservatives.
    (3) "Liberal vs conservative" in the US is the equivalent in the rest of the developed world of "very conservative vs ultra-super-ridiculous-fringe conservative".

In all, I don't really see this poll providing useful evidence for anything.

So where do TBs fit into this? To be honest, I think that TBs have a different social and political perspective, seeing as we are a different generation. And, as Nut said- what about AB/DLs? What about babyfurs? Sissies? Straight DLs vs. Gay DLs? You have a LOT of variables here! Beyond that, why do you think DLs are more conservative than ABs? Just curious.

Butterfly Mage

I picked DL Moderate since I'm liberal on social issues but conservative on topics like guns and military preparedness.

Interesting idea - but even though I placed my vote (DL, moderate), I don't believe the result would be any realistic - as you would have to gather a lot more data than available through this forum to actually compile a valid set of statisic results...
    but none the less...
    I think it has less to do with what you define yourself as (DL or AB) but the way you live your life in general... especially when it comes to political motives.
    I have never been overly conservative / right-wing / etc... but I have not been a full scale liberal / democrat / left-wing person.
    For me it always depended on the situation and subject at hand, usually I stand somewhere in between, thus moderate.

only because I'm a DL this doesn't change anything regarding my choice of politics.
    neither does my BDSM Side...

i appreciate those that have answered so far. this was not meant to provide scientific evidence of any sort on the politics of the AB or DL. This was more for me to see if im making an ass out of my self with my assumptions. to answer mikeru117 i really dont know why i feel the way that i do, that dl's tend to be conservative while ab's tend to be liberal and i admitted ahead of time i very well could be very off base. i didnt want to mess with a 20 choice poll so some variables were left out. all i wanted to see was whether any patterns would develop.

---------- Post added at 13:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:37 ----------

i also realize that people hate being boxed in and they hate labels for many reasons especially since assumptions can be made....im just as at fault for doing that as any one else......even though im a liberal there are some things im conservative on...just a few like on issues of the home and property rights and abortion, im on the fence with states rights vs the power of the federal government. im also perfectly fine with calling my self a liberal because it fits me, for what ever that is worth.

we all know that polls have to be taken with a grain of salt for many reasons but they can help us understand each other...

EmLamby

Well howdy-doo. I'm the only AB moderate so far.
    What about people who are both AB and DL? No choices for them...