Thread: cloth diapers? i need help deciding.

Default cloth diapers? i need help deciding.

wondering what i need to know about cloth diapers? the good the bad what kinds there are? what is the best brand? there seem to be lots of options and i just dont know what the best option would be, any helpful. thanks.

I purchased a couple off of AB Universe, the kind with velcro flaps. They're quite thick and absorbant. When dry, they're very soft and comfy. However, when wet, the feeling is very different from a wet disposable. I like it, but many don't.

I'm a convert to cloth, so I've yet to experience using diaper pins, or folded flat styles. It's worth a trial run, though.

I would recommend the All About Cloth Diapers article as a great starting point. There is a lot on types, care and feeding, and a few vendors too. Check it out!

I went with the aio diapers from Abu and it felt great but leaked whhen i went to bed. I didn't even really wet that much. I think I'll wait till the Velcro ones come back in stock and try them. I do think i really like the idea of cloth tho.

On a seperate note i got a sample pack from Abu also and the super dry kids are awesome also.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bambino834 View Post
    I went with the aio diapers from Abu and it felt great but leaked whhen i went to bed. I didn't even really wet that much. I think I'll wait till the Velcro ones come back in stock and try them. I do think i really like the idea of cloth tho.

On a seperate note i got a sample pack from Abu also and the super dry kids are awesome also.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Sorry to hear you leaked. When you buy any cloth diaper, launder it at least once before you wear it. The cloth fibers have oils in them that resist absorbency at first, but a couple of launderings will take care of that and increase absorbency.

That said, I do have my doubts about most cloth AIOs simply based on my experience with cloth and knowing how much I wet versus how much material is there. An AIO would work as a day diaper, but not for nighttime for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my cloth diapers and PPs from Gabbys. they're amazing. They're holding up quite well. The trick with these is to wash them like you would any cloth diaper, then hang them to dry. Once they dry, they're stiff and you dont' want to wear them. Put them in the dryer on LOW for about 5 minutes to make them soft again. DO NOT USE fabric softener. When washing them I use a little bit of dish soap. never normal laundry soap.