Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For Musicians: Ever wear to a gig?

Default For Musicians: Ever wear to a gig?

Just a thought I had a while back. I think it would be a bit more... convenient...for the most part. Well?

I thought of this myself, but if anything, I think I would just be more distracted and scared that I would be found out. Plus the guitar would probably be in a little bit of a more awkward position due to the extra bulk. It's hard enough moving around on stage while playing. Include a diaper between your legs and it might get dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I thought of this myself, but if anything, I think I would just be more distracted and scared that I would be found out. Plus the guitar would probably be in a little bit of a more awkward position due to the extra bulk. It's hard enough moving around on stage while playing. Include a diaper between your legs and it might get dangerous

I suppose I see where you come from there, but if you were wearing something a bit thinner...hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Hal0ispwnd View Post
    I suppose I see where you come from there, but if you were wearing something a bit thinner...hmm...
    Then I would worry it would leak. It may sound like a good idea, but there really is no need to pee during a gig. Just go before you go on. If you're somehow in a popular band that's playing for a crazy long time like 4 hours, then it's better to have a 10 minute break anyways. Besides, it gets REALLY hot on stage and you would be sweating up a storm.

Yes i have, but I don't think i would ever wear to a larger crowd ( with the usual fears and paranoia's at play); However, I will wear to acoustic sessions and smaller crowds.

I never did, but I sure thought about it, especially for the long ride home. I have trouble peeing in public restrooms, so going during breaks was always a problem. Usually I waited until the gig was over and tried to find a bathroom that wasn't being used. Pathetic, isn't it. If it was a long drive, the bass player rode with me so we could split the cost of gas. Wearing with him in the car just wasn't a practical idea.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I never did, but I sure thought about it, especially for the long ride home. I have trouble peeing in public restrooms, so going during breaks was always a problem. Usually I waited until the gig was over and tried to find a bathroom that wasn't being used. Pathetic, isn't it. If it was a long drive, the bass player rode with me so we could split the cost of gas. Wearing with him in the car just wasn't a practical idea.
    It's not pathetic! Really, I hate using the bathrooms at school since I have to walk almost across campus to find a bathroom that isn't infiltrated with 10 people at a time. However, usually while gigging, I'm used to seeing private restrooms (and showers) in the back for bands to use unless it was a very small or undedicated venue.

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeyJunction View Post
    It's not pathetic! Really, I hate using the bathrooms at school since I have to walk almost across campus to find a bathroom that isn't infiltrated with 10 people at a time. However, usually while gigging, I'm used to seeing private restrooms (and showers) in the back for bands to use unless it was a very small or undedicated venue.
    Yes, it was college that ruined me. My first week at the urinal in a music conservatory, they guy standing next to me started to comment about my penis.

As for the band gigs, sometimes we did have a separate restroom. I was always thankful when that happened. Often however, we played wedding gigs at posh country clubs and had to duke it out with the drunks in the restrooms. :Usually I went home aching, unless I could find one far removed from the obvious ones. sigh

You want to talk about gigs and diapers, Red Hot Chile Peppers actually did a gig where all of them wore diapers on stage. YouTube - ‪Red Hot Chili Peppers at Jannus Landing 1989‬‏ I myself have never, and probably will never, wear a diaper on stage. This is something I do behind closed doors for a reason.