Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How many other AB/DLs are into BDSM?

Default How many other AB/DLs are into BDSM?

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but I would like to know how many others are involved in the BDSM community. I have heard that a lot of kinksters look down on ABs but in my local community it seems to be completely accepting, and just look on as another fetish. What have your experiences? How here is in a D/s relationship?

I'm all about the BDSM. Tell you the truth BDSM came first, with the diaper thing starting as an interesting form of punishment/humiliation.

Haven't really noticed much cross-community bias. With noting that when you look at some ABDL artwork there is occasionally a bondage element... so there is definitely occasional crossover.

I like bdsm and diapers a lot.
    I hav'ent ever tried it before but i find the idea very appealing.

Oh yeah - BDSM is all my thing

honestly I've been into various BDSM related activities for a long time and I love it.
    Then again, sexually seen I have a wide range of interests and find a lot of "odd" things fun...
    I'm not that much of a vanilla person though. I love the occasional vanilla sex - but I prefer other plays...

Not me. I am very vanilla.

I too have noticed the linkage, although it seems to be more between the DL lifestyle and BDSM, not so much AB.

That's just my observation. Please correct me if I'm out of line.

Harumaru

I would say that the AB part is precisely where the link to BDSM is. They're nearly the same thing, just replace the "Slave & Master" roles with "Baby & Caretaker". Both of them are about the dominant partner humiliating/punishing the submissive one for sexual pleasure.

At first, I didn't accept the APA's categorization of infantilism as a type of masochism. It seemed more reasonable when I surveyed AB/DLs to find that a lot of us were also masochistic. This includes me, but like 22% of AB/DLs, I keep baby-themed AB/DL and non-baby-masochism separate.

I tend to see it a bit differently. Both DL and ABism involve a dominant-submissive relationship.

However, whereas in the former, it is a means to achieve a sexual end, in the latter case, it remains more in the format of an asexual parent-child relationship. Bottom line: of anything I've read on the topic, if there is one major differentiation between the two, it's that a DL scenario is more sexually driven and less about returning to the role of a child.

Furthermore, humiliation is key in DL related play. In the role of an AB, humiliation seems to run counter to the intent: the subject is often looking for compassion and unconditional love, not so much judgement and derision.

Still, more often than not, the line is blurry and DLs can dabble in ABism and vice versa. The point of this 'world' is to relax and enjoy who we are, not find a way to label it. If you love it, go with it and worry not what to term it.

(...thereby nullifying anything I said above :P)

I've noticed a correlation between the two, but I have never been into BDSM myself. I can see the appeal in very light versions of it... silk scarves or whatever... maybe, but that's about it.

I've never seen the appeal in spanking, causing pain, etc. I'm into nurturing and being nurtured. While I understand and can appreciate firmness in a caretaker role or something, punishment is not really something I enjoy giving or receiving

Other than the whole AB thing, I'm pretty vanilla in general.

Supersam1223

Hell yeah!!!