Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's in a Name?

Default What's in a Name?

I'm not looking to make a rule or do a poll or anything, just making what I think might be a mutually beneficial suggestion: if your forum name is a generic combination of baby/diaper/wet/mess or related words, you're making it harder for me (and I'm betting others) to get to know you, so consider changing your name with a post in the Requests forum. I know sounds like it's all about me and my benefit, but follow along and see where the mutual bit comes in.

I waded through quite a few posts this morning and while I was reading, it occurred to me that while I was seeing some of the same (or maybe just similar) names popping up in multiple threads, I wasn't remembering who said what. This was not a problem with posts from people with distinctive names, but when it was a variation on some diaper-related theme, they just sort of faded into the background. It's not that I didn't read the post, it's that I was having a hard time associating the post and the point of view with a specific person going forward. Even people I didn't know well were sticking in my mind more if they had distinctive names.

Now if your intent is just to make the absolute minimum number of posts here in order to maintain active status, I guess this isn't a problem, although I think you're cheating yourself it it is. However, If you want to be a member of a community, it's not so good. You're just making things harder for yourself. I'll also apologize for demeaning the choice of any who might have taken one of the names that to me seem bland and uninteresting because they are deeply meaningful to you in some way. If that's the case, I guess you stick with it and try to overcome what is admittedly a prejudice.

[I posted this here because of the diaper-related nature of my observation and lack of a better clear choice, not a greeting, not an administrative request, nor even really off-topic.]

I used to be Pojodiaper, mostly because when I used to make usernames, I did Pojo, followed by something related to the site...Just as like a reminder...Then I changed it to Pojo, because I like it better, and I don't come off as creepy...But I have to have Pojo, since I'm OCD like that, and I use Pojo for everything

mine is an actual nickname my friend calls me ^^ i thought it was apropriate for the site

I went by butter-cup-baby for the LONGEST time. However, I like Mandi a lot better. Having an actual name makes it easier to know the person; but at the same time some people don't want to be known, but you could very well pick a fake name. I know several people here who go by an actual name, but that's not their real name, but it's still more personal than DIAPERJON

Quote Originally Posted by Mandi View Post
    I went by butter-cup-baby for the LONGEST time. However, I like Mandi a lot better. Having an actual name makes it easier to know the person; but at the same time some people don't want to be known, but you could very well pick a fake name. I know several people here who go by an actual name, but that's not their real name, but it's still more personal than DIAPERJON
    Not as if my real name is Trevor.

I'm certainly not encouraging anyone to use their real name unless they're keen to do so. I just wanted to to give a tip on creating a persona. An avatar is a big help as well. I think I'd have a much harder time remembering who littlebabyprincess was without the avatar as (sorry to say) the name is not distinctive to me except for its length. Eventually, even the blandest name will get through my thick skull, but it might take 200+ posts for things to gel.

maybe ill get it changed to like Mrs.kevinjonas or somethig jonas related :] do i just send a request and i can get my name changed /

Quote Originally Posted by littlebabyprincess View Post
    maybe ill get it changed to like Mrs.kevinjonas or somethig jonas related :] do i just send a request and i can get my name changed /
    That's my understanding. Just a post in the Requests forum. Doing my good deed for the day and helping to make more work for the mods.

:] thanks im sure they apreciate that
    how about Jonas_kidd something like that wow hmh yay ill make something good

When I first became an active member of the *BDL community I was known as "baby ayanna"...that said, I don't think that's exactly the type of names to which Trevor is referring. I think he's talking about names like:

"babygirl", "babyboy", "cutedlgirl", "diaperboy", "diaperdl", "diaperdude", "diaperedbabygirl", "diaperedteenager", "diaperfans", "diapermefast", "diaper#", "littlebabyprincess", "luvsgurl", "maddiaperlover", "neverdry", "pamperluvs", "pottypants", "sissywetbum", "snapcrotch", "tb#", "uknappyman", "wannabesissybaby", "wetatnight", "wetdprboy", "wetone", "wetted"

I can certainly see where Trevor's coming from. I, of course, chose to drop the 'baby' prefix to my name ages ago and have been just 'ayanna'....the reason for that is the name is significant in itself as it means "innocence".

Combine the uniqueness of the name with the avatar (which I've been using almost as long as I've been using the name), and my penchant for the colour pink and I've managed to create my own distinctive personality without having to use 'baby', 'wet', 'diaper' or other prefix.

my name just means little kevin in dutch, Its not really cuz I wanted to make a link to someting, I just like that name :-/