Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tongue Piercing

Default Tongue Piercing

So the other morning I had woken up after having a random dream about getting my tongue pierced. I had wanted to for years but always put it off. SO that morning at 8am I decided I was going to get it done and, well, I got er done.

Wasn't swollen to bad yesterday but I didn't shut up all day so now it is. My own fault though. All in all I'm happy I finally got it done.

Anyone else have theirs done? Anyone offer advice on after care and, most importantly, eating?

Be shure the ball is screwed tightly on the post. One exGF swallowed her's two days after it was done. No issues passing it though. Not my thing but I've many friends who've had theirs over ten years with no issues and no regrets.
    Congrats on going for it.

fouts

im going to get mine done in a few days. im going to get stiched like Piercing on my tongue

Quote Originally Posted by Nam Repaid View Post
    Be shure the ball is screwed tightly on the post. One exGF swallowed her's two days after it was done. No issues passing it though. Not my thing but I've many friends who've had theirs over ten years with no issues and no regrets.
    Congrats on going for it.
    I'll check it to make sure! I'm not worried about swallowing a little metal ball. I swallowed the light bulb from the game operation. This little metal ball has nothing on it xD. It would be inconvenient though.

---------- Post added at 02:11 ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fouts View Post
    im going to get mine done in a few days. im going to get stiched like Piercing on my tongue
    Stitched like?

fouts

ya stiching. like i might have them put thease metal things that look like staples on my tongue

teamaster

Why did you get one?Wouldn't it get in the way of sucking your thumb or pacifier?

Quote Originally Posted by fouts View Post
    ya stiching. like i might have them put thease metal things that look like staples on my tongue
    Ahah nice. I couldn't find any images on google so you should post a picture of your tongue when its done!

---------- Post added at 03:43 ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by teamaster View Post
    Why did you get one?Wouldn't it get in the way of sucking your thumb or pacifier?
    It's currently in the way of eating aha :P But like anything, I'll get used to it! Was definitely worth it.

I got my tongue peirced over three and a half years ago, and it's awesome!

Just make sure you don't use a paci or suck your thumb much in the first few weeks, it'll puch the piercing to the side and make it squint while it's healing.

Also, noodles will catch on the piercing, half will go down your throat and you'll end up choking - don't say I didn't warn you!!

I've never understood the appeal of this, or any body piercing for that matter.

when I got mine done basically I had to learn how to eat again. Also don't use mouthwash to much to clean it... I am a chain smoker and thought after every cigarette i should use mouthwash ... no.. having your tongue burnt from mouthwash doesn't help at all, but all in all I love my piercing. I have not had any problems with any of the ones I have. I hope all goes well with yours.