Thread: Hello ADISC!

Default Hello ADISC!

Hello everyone,

For some time now, I have been reading around on this site / forum and the time came to introduce myself. Partly because the site said I was a lurker . Although I am a real computer freak, I hardly ever post messages on any forum out here on the internet. However, I hope to break that tradition on this forum .

But enough about that, I will tell you something about myself.

I am a 19 year old male from the Netherlands. Since long ago, I have had a liking towards (disposable) diapers. My parents know about it, but don't approve. Normally, drynites are the diapers I wear. And... for the first time, I have made an order for some real diapers and hope they will arrive soon this coming week. In my spare time I play golf, read books and do programming on my computer.

I hope this will suffice as an introduction, and I will see you around on the rest of the forum!

Appelsientjeappeltje

Hey Appelsientjeappeltje, welcome to ADISC,

You might be able to learn a thing or two here about how to deal with (disapproving) parents. How exactly did they find out, did you tell them or were you caught red handed?
    I see you're a programmer too. Care to share what kind of projects have you worked on? And what is your language of choise?

A year or three ago, we were redecorating my bedroom. I had removed all my diapers beforehand, but found out there were some leftovers. I figured i could better tell them myself, then let them find them. Too bad they didn't approve... Since that time, I have tried keeping it secret. Sometimes succesfull, other times not.

As for programming, I primarily make websites with HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP and SQL. Currently I am working on a pretty large Java project, too. Besides those languages, I know some C, Perl and more mathematical languages like R and Matlab-scripting.

hey welcome..

there are no apples in appelsientje, though :P

Welcome to ADISC! I hope you do find interesting topics here to post on. I look forward to reading them.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelsientjeappeltje View Post
    As for programming, I primarily make websites with HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP and SQL. Currently I am working on a pretty large Java project, too. Besides those languages, I know some C, Perl and more mathematical languages like R and Matlab-scripting.
    Neat. I'm currently majoring in Computer Science. It's quite an interesting field to study, in my opinion. Which of those languages that you've worked on is your favorite?

Also, I'm curious...what does your name mean?

Quote Originally Posted by HogansHeroes View Post
    Neat. I'm currently majoring in Computer Science. It's quite an interesting field to study, in my opinion. Which of those languages that you've worked on is your favorite?
    If I have to choose, I would choose PHP. You can achieve things in PHP pretty fast, while Java or C require more code to do less. Java and C are, on the other hand, much more powerfull if you need a larger application.

Quote Originally Posted by HogansHeroes View Post
    Also, I'm curious...what does your name mean?
    My name is a combination of a dutch apple juice brand ('appelsientje') and the diminutive of the dutch word for apple ('appeltje'). When I made this account, it was the first thing I thought of... pretty weird actualy :P