Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I get rid of this problem

teamaster

Default How do I get rid of this problem

I can't say diaper when talking to other people about wearing.I always used a code word with my guardian.I hate it.I usually type on my phone and show them instead of telling them I do it.I want to be able to confess it directly if I wanted to.How do I get used to saying it?

I have the exact same problem so I just try and be cute bout it

Trust me, you're not the only one. I honestly think 90% of all *b/dls are hypersensitive to the word diaper. I haven't found a way around it yet, but hopefully you can =)

Just say it, it's just a word. It'll become easier to say the more you use it. Also if other people around you use it (e.g. have your caretaker say "diaper" instead of slang or codewords) it might become easier as well.

Start saying it more in private until you are comfortable with it. Then start saying it to other people.

Pretty simple really...?

Really not a big deal on the grand scale of things so relax about it. If it's specifically the word 'diaper' then maybe try 'nappy' instead.

Booger

Unless humiliation is something that you're into, don't associate a word that's supposed to be pleasurable to you with a feeling of shame. If you can talk about diapers with your guardian, then what's the big deal?

Here's a tip that works for me whenever I'm slightly uncomfortable with something like this, try whispering (the word, whatever it may be) to your self (whenever your in a comfortable setting, like your room). You'll start to build up a confidence, gradually you won't be so shy about it, and once you get up the courage to say it a bit louder, try saying it in front of a mirror to yourself. Just toy around with using the word out loud to yourself, until you start feeling less ashamed or guilty. After you become comfortable with saying it out-loud to yourself, try saying it to your guardian (or whomever you feel comfortable with, even if it is in a hushed tone at first) and just go from there. This may not be an instant fix (as with situations like these they take time to build) but you'll see progress if you just work towards your goal. I have faith in you Teamaster, and I wish you the best of luck overcoming this little obstetrical of yours. If you need any more advice on this or similar problems don't be afraid to drop me a note on my message board on here. Hope this helps~ Stunner

You know, this is a condition a lot of people seem to have on here, including myself. I am trying to just say it more, both around myself and my wife.

I think it stems from the mental reluctance to share hints about who we are, for fear of being rejected for some reason. By saying the word, especially when others could hear, it's almost like revealing our most intimate secrets.

Of course, there's probably even more psychology behind it than that. It is fascinating, though.

Booger

Quote Originally Posted by onecho View Post
    I think it stems from the mental reluctance to share hints about who we are, for fear of being rejected for some reason. By saying the word, especially when others could hear, it's almost like revealing our most intimate secrets.
    This.