Thread: Thought on Daddy and Mommy and Cub Relationships

Default Thought on Daddy and Mommy and Cub Relationships

Thought on Daddy and Mommy and Cub Relationships
    BY Rollar Wolfcub

It’s very rarely I would step up and rant, or write out something, but yet I have so much on my chest and feel like I should just write about what I strongly feel about. To some, this is just a game for them; to others, it is so much more. For me, it is so much more…

Parent cub relationships mean a lot to me, and when I mean a lot I do mean a lot. Parental bonds are created over time, you cannot just say “alright I’ll be your mommy or daddy” , it does not have a natural feel. Building this bond takes time, and it is what actually makes the relationship work so that you and your Parent can get what you want from it. Some Parent relationships are bit different, but this is just my view on how I feel and what I like and want from it.

Like in all relationships - it is a 2 way system between both the Parent and the cub. This means that outside of role play, either one might need to talk about or look for advice or just plain need a friend, and would look to mommy/daddy or even the other way around, mommy/daddy looking to their cub. It is really not healthy for this relationship to be one sided. For one, the cub won’t know what is bothering their Parent, how to try cheering them up, or when to just plain lend an ear. The same goes for the Parent as well, it is not only about “ooh let me change your diaper”, “let check your diaper”, or “let me get in trouble and get punished”. It is so much more.

For me, it kind of feels like what’s been missing in my life. My RL dad left me and my family when I was about 5 or 6. I don’t really remember much around that time. I either blocked it or something, don’t really know. All I do know and remember is plates and picture frames being thrown out the front door as my dad ran out. I didn’t fully understand why till later on in my life. After I graduated, with no help from him, he tried to take credit for it. He confessed why he had left and it hurt me deeply that he had left us for another woman that had 2 older kids that he said needed him more. So in my life I wanted a true father figure that wasn’t there. But in all in all I do forgive you Father. I won’t call you a daddy because a daddy would have been there for me, but I do forgive you. So if you have ever wondered about me a bit, well there is a bit of info.
    This is also why when others talk to me about their daddy and then switch to calling them master, it does bother me at times. I do believe in “to each their own,” so it is no biggy to me. However, I do get a some coming to me for advice, mainly on Second life. They know how I stand on this, and they looking to break away from being a pet/slave/ so on. So I do give them my stand on it, and they feel that they want a stronger and more caring relationship. I feel this is what most of us cubs are looking for. But it is always a 2 way relationship, give and take. Our mommy and daddy are there for us, and we need to be there for them as much.

As they say - be respectful to your elders. This goes a long way indeed, but also they will give you respect in return. There have been way too many times I’ve seen no respect from a parent to their cub or the cub to their parent. That is just plain not right… it is always best to give everyone respect. They might see it one way then you, but you have to remember they are doing so much for you, on both sides. You also have to remember that there are a lot of mommy/daddy who like to be cubs as well, which is totally fine. Give them the space to do it. In fact, embrace it as another bonding moment, you have a playmate in a sense. Don’t push them to always be full time caretaker, it can be draining to them and push them away. You must let things come natural and talk to your daddy and mommy about stuff, stuff that make you happy, how you like stuff done, and you need to listen to them be there for them. Whatever u do, don’t be pushy toward them. If they want time off, give it to them. You will end up pushing them away, and ruin the relationship, not just Parent but also a friendship.

This just my thought and observation. Some might like it. Some might disagree, but it’s how I feel, and thoughts that might help others out. Remember that it might be just role play for some, and for other it a lot deeper. For me, I see my fur daddy as my real life daddy. He has always been there for me, he helps me through so much and I don’t know how I can ever thank him enough.

Would like to thank Shike and PawpawRazzi proof reading and editing
    and this is dedicated to my daddy Kyler

You Know I Agree With most if not all your points my dad left too and i see him every once in awhile he always forgets my birthdays and i think he thinks i'm 13 (i'm 16btw) you know i think you would be like the uber best daddy/ mommy/brother/sister/cub ever (sorry i cannot see your gender) I Don't know if this is pushing it but are you looking to adopt?? OR did i just cross a line If So I'm Sorry

I agree with pretty much everything you said here, Rollar. I find myself really confused and a little...upset, I guess...when people give strangers the title 'Mommy' or 'Daddy' (or anything else, really). To me, as to you, that's a title you have to earn! Just having that label doesn't make you a Mommy or Daddy, either. I don't see how people can use those words to describe someone they barely know. Even if they look after them, if there's no relationship outside of RP or babytime, I don't see how there can be any real love behind what's happening. The whole experience seems like it would be a little...empty.

Similarly, so often I see cubs who want 'Mommy-on-tap'; I've experienced it a few times. People who want their 'parents' to always be 'on'; always up for babying and taking care of them, no matter what's going on in their life. It's not a two-way street, for them. They use the title of Mommy/Daddy/big brother/sister/etc. as an excuse to have a purely dependent relationship, where they don't have to give anything back because 'they're my caretaker!'...this is obviously a very immature attitude. I think key to being a good ageplayer of any kind is the acceptance that any relationship needs a bit of give and take, even supposed parent/child ones, because you're both adults.

Awesome post!

----

Quote Originally Posted by JaysonTheWolfPup View Post
    You Know I Agree With most if not all your points my dad left too and i see him every once in awhile he always forgets my birthdays and i think he thinks i'm 13 (i'm 16btw) you know i think you would be like the uber best daddy/ mommy/brother/sister/cub ever (sorry i cannot see your gender) I Don't know if this is pushing it but are you looking to adopt?? OR did i just cross a line If So I'm Sorry
    I don't think it's true that you actually agree with all his points, or you wouldn't have made this post at all. He clearly states he's not a big fan of those kinds of adoptions ('will you be my Daddy, person I just met?' 'Ok, now I am your Daddy! Yay!')

Parent cub relationships mean a lot to me, and when I mean a lot I do mean a lot. Parental bonds are created over time, you cannot just say “alright I’ll be your mommy or daddy” , it does not have a natural feel. Building this bond takes time, and it is what actually makes the relationship work so that you and your Parent can get what you want from it. Some Parent relationships are bit different, but this is just my view on how I feel and what I like and want from it.