Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone see this?

Angry Did anyone see this?

A while ago on this show called "1000 ways to die"
    (I wasn't watching it but merely had it on same channel)
    then a bit came on about furries and it frustrated me alot
    as when they gave a description of a furry they must of had it off or they must be out to get all furries, as their description was:
    People who dress as animals and engage in group sex within the woods

really annoying but worst bit was a furry actually came on tv and said exact something, so tell me whats going on?!?

Not a fan of that show.

Comes across as very immature, especially given the subject matter. I think the show would be a lot better if it was done in a more matter of fact documentary style, but it definitely wouldn't get the audience in it's target demographic. People do die from their own stupidity, and while I do think one can laugh about it, I think that needs to be balanced with a certain amount of respect. Lame puns seem inappropriate.

But ultimately as was said, you are watching a (supposed) comedy, not a documentary on cultural subgroups.

That show is hilarious. There is a reason I find it hilarious: it's comedy.

1,000 Ways to Die purposely insults and ridicules people, makes fun of their deaths, and over-exaggerates it.

I wouldn't take anything the show says seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Taihaku View Post
    That show is hilarious. There is a reason I find it hilarious: it's comedy.

1,000 Ways to Die purposely insults and ridicules people, makes fun of their deaths, and over-exaggerates it.

I wouldn't take anything the show says seriously.
    To each his own I guess ;p

I find the humor falls short, relying on lame puns and a kind of immature "look at the freaks" kind of approach. I think the show _could_ be funny if it was done in a more tasteful manner. You really don't even need to exaggerated or emphasize a lot of darwinism style accidents. Just show what happened and let people find the humor in it themselves. Or maybe I'm just one of those prudes who can't laugh at someones death. I do have an interest in bizarre and/or ironic deaths, but as I had said in previous post, I think I would prefer a more documentary style approach.

The key is what you said though, don't take the show too seriously!

Quote Originally Posted by BoundCoder View Post
    Or maybe I'm just one of those prudes who can't laugh at someones death.
    Yep.

for some people, that is the way they look at it. we obviusly know thats not how it is for the majority of us, but for some thats what it is about. and tv shows are going to try and take the worst part of something and make great rateings out of it.

So is media

Yeah, the show's a load of trash imo. To each his own.

I've seen the furry episode and, when comparing it to the other episodes, I find it pretty easy to just ignore it and move on. You're a complete idiot, tool, and failure at life if you believe even half the stuff they say.

I can't believe that anything portrayed on that show is true. It's typical nonsense for what is a very cheap network. That said, I thought it was ridiculously funny. Getting mad at the show is like getting mad because your favorite wrestler lost on the WWF or any of the other fake wrestling shows.

I watch that show sometimes whenever nothing else is on. Most episodes, I do find them hilarious. That's only because of their stupidity. I have hard time to believe all of those are true and people can be THAT stupid.