View Poll Results: Do you think Gay Marriage is okay?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

96 80.67%
  • No

8 6.72%
  • Not taking a stance

15 12.61%
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: On the topic of gay marriage.

Default On the topic of gay marriage.

This is a thread dedicated to the topic of gay marriage, since I saw that the other one was closed. Here, we can talk about the situation, share our opinions, and discuss possible actions.

I'll start with the current situation in the state I live in: Wisconsin, USA.

Unbelievable

Julaine Appling has managed to make a career out of bigotry.

The fact that there are people supporting this law astounds me. Why are there people who go so far out of their way to protest against other people's civil rights?

The article states that we here in Wisconsin have the strictest laws around. That is something to be ashamed of compared to some other redneck states (no offense to anyone living there).

Thoughts, comments, concerns?

I think it's :bsflag:, Why do people care if gays want to marry or not? It's not like it's going to kill someone. This is just showing there own ignorance. I don't know what my bf and I are going to do when he moves from New Zealand to Brandon, FL but chances are we will go to Canada to get married.

That is something to be ashamed of compared to some other redneck states
    Total agree with you, the south really needs to change.

-Education sucks comparded to the north.
    -Forclosers are at an all time high
    -We still have really raceist states (i.e. Mississippi)

In my opion marriage is a religious institution. Since the first amendment guarantees the right to freedom of religion gays are guaranteed the right to marriage. (thats my opion once again)

To the poll am i ok with gay marriage? I don't really know if i am OK with it. I have no problem with it either way so i guess i dont take a stance.

I think that if someone loves someone else enough to want to get married, then they should be allowed to...Even if it's a religion thing, it's the spouses' choice on whether they want to be damned to Hell (if it's real)...When the government denies gay marriage, it's like they are pushing Christianity, which would be violating the 1st Amendment
    Last edited by Pojo; 11-Jul-2008 at 14:11.

Default This Is halarious. make it known!

YouTube - DOES GOD HATE GAYS??

this is like one of my favorite videos, it makes a great point, i even shared a couple fun bible facts about the bible XD
    (like the one abut sex during a woman's period, lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    I think that if someone loves someone else enough to want to get married, then they should be allowed to...Even if it's a religion thing, it's the spouses' choice on whether they want to be damned to Hell (if it's real)...When the government denies gay marriage, it's like they are pushing Christianity, which would be violating the 2nd Amendment

1st amendment-Freedom of religion
    2nd amendment-right to bear arms

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin Himura View Post
    I think he means the seperation of church and state.
    Which is still the first amendment.

I can't see why, if 2 people love each other, even though they are the same sex, why they can't be married and have the same legal rights as any other married people.

I think the world should wake up already, there is nothing wrong with being gay.

Sure gay people should be able to get married... or at least something very close to marriage.
    I mean, if the church says that homosexuality is wrong, then I wouldn't have a gay marriage in a church... But the government can't deny gay people the right to marry.

In the UK we have civil partnerships, which gives the two people the same rights and responsibilities as married people. So I guess I can be proud of my government for at least one thing. ^_^