Thread: Freedom Experience

Pulluplover

Default Freedom Experience

I went on a trip this weekend, 7hrs each way and wore the entire time. On the way home I stopped at a remote location to change in the woods. A mix of convenience and the thrill of doing it publicly. I found a good exit in the cool pine forest and went onto a dirt road as far as I dared with a bog ole trailer and parked. I soon evaluated that this lonely dirt trail that saw little traffic, and none the 45min or so I was there. So I got brave, changed into a new Cushie, and went for a hike. I carried a light set of jogging pants to put on just in case. I crossed the dirt road and simply went into the woods. So why the long story? Well I was amazed at the feeling of freedom being able to wear out some place other then at home, without covering up. I can see where a camping style event for DL people would work so well. If you are going out to some remote woods alone, or with someone who wont care about your diaper, give it a shot and see if it is as big a thrill as it was for me.

Whatever floats your boat...

but I never undertstood the desire to wear just a diaper anywhere where you possibly could be spotted ... if in places where you can't be spottet.
    the thought doesn't thrill me the slightest little bit...
    but hey - out in the woods, if that's what you like... enjoy.

I think I can see the difference in points of view here ...

For some people the attraction to wearing diapers openly in public is the thrill of possibly being discovered. That's what tommygun is talking about -- where's the thrill of possible discovery if you're wearing diapers openly in a place where you can't possibly be discovered, like out in the woods?

But there's a different attraction, I think, and that's the idea of going out into the world dressed as you feel is right for you, without worrying about what others might think if they saw. You are outside of your home, and you are expressing your identity, without fear of social backlash. I think that might be what Pulluplover likes about it.

So ... talking about two different things. As always, correct me if I've got it wrong.

Pulluplover

You could be close Jennie. There is a very small voyeuristic thrill of wearing out and risking discovery. Sometimes in a place where no one could know me I let the diaper ride a little high, that sort of thing. But who REALLY wants to be discovered in a major way?
    So nailing down the real thrill of this event was truly more about just being able to go out doors and wear a diaper hiking just like you might wear shorts. Hence just a real feeling of freedom that I have never experienced with the DL world before.

I totally see the appeal in it and would love to try it myself.

I'm not that fond of "camping" (roughing it and whatnot), but I think I would really enjoy an AB/DL hiking/camping trip where we would all be free to wear just diapers and/or baby stuff (onsies, pacis, footed pjs at night, etc.) somewhere other than in the confines of a house. It would be a welcome experience to someone like me that can't even do that at home due to living with other people.

Wandering around the woods in just a diaper where there is no chance of being seen by another human is filling the need to be one's self without the fear or chance of being seen.
    I have done this many a different times, the only problem is finding a secluded place far enough off the beaten path where you can enjoy wandering around in just a diaper, the world is a crowded place, and finding a spot to be alone in is getting harder to do every day.

I say yes and no to the thrill being related to being caught (or the possibility thereof). Personally, I would enjoy being out in public with just a diaper from the standpoint of "this is who I am, and it's ok to be who I am." The possibility of being discovered isn't part of that. Honestly, I'd rather be guaranteed not to be discovered in such a case.

---------- Post added at 02:34 ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post

I'm not that fond of "camping" (roughing it and whatnot), but I think I would really enjoy an AB/DL hiking/camping trip where we would all be free to wear just diapers and/or baby stuff (onsies, pacis, footed pjs at night, etc.) somewhere other than in the confines of a house. It would be a welcome experience to someone like me that can't even do that at home due to living with other people.
    Depends on what you classify as light camping and what you classify as roughing it. I do a lot of hiking and camping, and no way would I want to be diapered while roughing it. This kind of camping is already classified by being hopelessly unclean from start to finish. I don't see adding diapers as making this better in any way.

On the other hand, light camping and diapers go together great. I'm talking a state park or some such attraction where there're shower facilities and you don't need to lug your possessions with you (also, if you're doing a 3 day hike and use a diaper the first night, you need to accept you can't dispose of said diaper for 2 days). But I love laying down in my tent for the night in nothing but a diaper. There's something great about sleeping diapered feeling the outside air roll over your body. You can get all the basic equipment you'd need for about $150 or less, and you'd also need a car. I'm not sure where in PA you are, but NJ has plenty of such campgrounds and I'm sure eastern PA does as well.

I'm talking about light camping with all the necessities close at hand. Being dirty and sweaty and whatnot are what I can't stand. I know there are places around but I wouldn't mind traveling since I do have a car. I wonder if there are any good spots in Delaware.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post

You should try meeting some othe ABDLs if you haven't already. I know there's at least one DL that's into leather and stuff in Philly (he's a friend of mine). I don't know if there are any munches or parties or anything there, but if there are, see if you can go.

Conversely, go to a fetish event like Folsom or IML. If you go to IML, there are all kinds of people in all sorts of garb, and the event takes up an entire hotel in downtown Chicago so there are all kinds of people and it's plenty public enough. Last year I was there in a leather straitjacket and diaper being led with a leash by Mr. X.

But yeah, big ABDL events are awesome. There used to be a big annual ABDL party out in Vermont during the off-season. It was hosted in a ski lodge owned by an ABDL, and I managed to get myself onto the invite list. I met amlo of really cool people that are still friends to this day, and it was a weekend of being completely and utterly openly ABDL. So awesome!