Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump and Mike Huckabee are NOT running for President.

Default Donald Trump and Mike Huckabee are NOT running for President.

Donald Trump Not Running For President In 2012 - Yahoo! News

This shouldn't be surprising though for anyone with more then half a brain. i'm not entirly sure if Trump is in this group or not. But the point is, he was not a good candidate for any of major political parties. Even with his talk of running I don't see how he did anything remotely positive for republicans and especially for any libertarians.

Also Mike Huckabee also confirmed he's not running for president either. Which makes sense considering he was a 3rd place candidate within his own party and only the south liked him.

So this is great news for Mitt Romney, and Ron Paul. Who so far are the two I like best. Ron Paul is actually starting to be my favorite candidate.

Looks like Trump was indeed in it for the publicity. I'm unsure if I should be disappointed with the fact he's even more of a douche that I thought or relieved that him becoming president of the United States is no longer a danger. Huckabee no longer running is a bit more of a surprise but I suspect he was a bit too far to the right to have much a chance of winning the presidency.

I don't have a direct stake, so I'm mostly following this race for my own entertainment, but of the republicans left running I guess Ron Paul (not to be confused with his son) is my favourite, as I feel he's the only proper fiscal conservative. My fear is that, if he gets elected, he'll have to fight with his own party (as much as Obama has to fight with both his own party and the Republicans) too much to actually get anything done, but oh well, that's neither here nor there. I guess Romney isn't too bad, but it's going to be interesting to see how his fellow Republicans handle his "Romneycare", and what kind of health care platform he himself ends up presenting.

Anyway, a sadistic part of me hopes Gingrich or Palin wins, so I can watch either of then get crushed by Obama in the general election or, alternatively, to see how far down they can drag the United States' reputation if they win. Thankfully, I doubt either of them has a chance to actually get elected, either in the primaries or in the general election. We'll see, though.

I would have liked to see Trump run. He wouldn't have stood a chance in the primaries, but it would have been entertaining. I know a strong leader is important, but it would be good for voter turnout if the candidates were interesting.

even as a progressive democrat, i actually like ron paul and may actually consider voting for him, if hed stop pandering to tea party members.

as far as donald trump and mike huckabee...could care less...but i am happy donald chose not to run...that would have been a circus...and this country has already tried the businesman you could drink a beer with route...didnt go so well....

---------- Post added at 14:57 ---------- Previous post was at 14:56 ----------

correction...im a progressive democrat with some libertarian tendencies

---------- Post added at 15:01 ---------- Previous post was at 14:57 ----------

oh and i have to say, the thought of mitt romney possibly being president, unnerves me more than a little, simply for the fact he is a mormon. i have seen what the mormon church has done with utah, the death grip they have on the political, cultural, educational etc landscapes and i guess i fear the same could happen if a mormon, especially with the kind of influence hed have, became president...

Quote Originally Posted by waslost1234abc View Post
    even as a progressive democrat, i actually like ron paul and may actually consider voting for him, if hed stop pandering to tea party members.
    From what I've seen Tea Party members are just libertarians but they just don't know it. Well they would be if they actually stood up for all the other shit that doesn't involve "their" taxes which are insanely more important. The libertarian party, ideals etc just seem what the old republicans were for while the "new" ones would love to increase the size of government. Of course i'm just spouting off some shitty "journalism" there.

On a totally unrelated note. Ever since Current Network went down the shit tube on express train, there hasn't been a lot of un-biased covrage of anything. Asides for the first hours of the earthquake that hit japan.

Also Mitt Romney doesn't seem to be one of the what I would call crazy mormons. My biggest issue with him is he's not putting himself out in the media as much as he should be. I'm sure a lot of people in the US still doesn't know who he is at all, though the same thing can be said for Ron Paul. They might of heard the name but no one could tell you what party he's in or what he wants to stand for.

Ron Paul and libertarianism generally is a rejection of reality for a deified view of the market. To those who actually care about past history, macroeconomics, and policy which tends to benefit most people rather than the rich, Ron Paul is a disaster.

His greatest appeal to anyone who isn't either wealthy or deluded is that he's a true believer who's actually serious about the things that he says. This does not actually make him someone who ought to be leading policy.

Quote Originally Posted by NutFreeFruitcake View Post
    Ron Paul and libertarianism generally is a rejection of reality for a deified view of the market. To those who actually care about past history, macroeconomics, and policy which tends to benefit most people rather than the rich, Ron Paul is a disaster.
    If the nation was controlled fully by libertarianism I am pretty sure life would be a lot harder, which is likely why it's under supported.

^ Oh, yeah.

Definitely. Especially for Americans, I think.
    The stereotypical American, I think, likes to drive to his job where he sits for 8 hours, drive back, overeat, sleep and repeat.
    I think it's unlikely that libertarianism could ever become mainstream with this kind of mindset.

On topic:
    I am glad Trump won't be our president.
    However, I was really looking forward to see how far he was planning to go.
    With his billions of dollars, would he buy every commercial slot on every TV station for, like, a month before voting?

I never thought Trump was serious, even though he's orders of magnitude more qualified than the current White House occupant.

Huckabee I kind of liked, even though I'm wary of preachers and former Arkansas governors.

I voted for Romney in the primary last time around, and I'll probably do so again, although his fumbling around regarding the Massachusetts health care debacle makes me nervous.

Even the idea of Trump being a possible president was enough to fill me with nightmares unmatched by the foulest of ghouls.

I'll sleep easier after this. Thanks for the info.