Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There Is No Such Thing as Size 7.

Default There Is No Such Thing as Size 7.

Alright, this isn't a 'whar can i git thems pampers sise 7!!!111' post.

I have tried sizes 4-6 over the years, and just recently I finally gotten size 6 and 7.

Here's the little joke: Pampers merely sized everything down, making the size sixes size fives, and the size sevens size sixes. It's the most ingenious scam in the diaper industry!

-P.I.

I'd heard this as well. But when I bought some Pampers size 7 last year, I compared them to a size 6 that I'd gotten a couple of years earlier, and the 7 was definitely bigger. Still, it seems like the six had shrunk since the days when I used to almost be able to wear them back when they first came out in the late 90's. Or maybe I've just gotten that much fatter.

Quote Originally Posted by daria7483 View Post
    I'd heard this as well. But when I bought some Pampers size 7 last year, I compared them to a size 6 that I'd gotten a couple of years earlier, and the 7 was definitely bigger. Still, it seems like the six had shrunk since the days when I used to almost be able to wear them back when they first came out in the late 90's. Or maybe I've just gotten that much fatter.
    Well...there you go.

Yes I had bought 6's in the past, and I figured a 7 would fit me better No Way they seem to be the same to me.

It's just like putting NEW and IMPROVED on a package some people will buy it to see if there is a difference, I fell for that on depends someone said they were better, so I tried them SOS, (Same Old S**T).

redtails

Does it really matter? Hardly any of us fit in size 7, even if it was the real size 7 we would still not fit in it. Pampers are expensive diapers according to a lot of mums, everyone knows that, and there's nothing you can do about it because it's just an established brand. Brand names always get away with charging huge prices. I mean, pampers is SO established the word "pamper" is in the Belgian dictionary and it's their word for "diaper"!

I bought some pampers crusers size 7's a while back and they don't seam muck bigger then the size 6's to me.
    if their going to make a size 7 make it noticably larger then the size 6.

The sixes defenitely got smaller after they came out with the seven. There were no 7s at the store I was buying so I went with the 6s, and they didn't fit as well as they used to.

Baby Dry runs much bigger, actually. I wish I had gotten those instead...Ah, the world of marketing...

I have noticed since they 1980's most baby and adult diapers have gotten small and thinner.
    while the wearers have gotten bigger.
    shouldn't the diapers be getting bigger too. insted of smaller?
    what are these diaper companies thinking?
    make bigger diapers!! not smaller ones!!!

I agree completely. They just make an extra size every so often, and trim-fit them down so that they can get more money out of customers who have to buy another size so often.

Quote Originally Posted by daria7483 View Post
    Yeah, you need to compare them to the early 90s ones...When disposables were at their best of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by redtails View Post
    Does it really matter? Hardly any of us fit in size 7, even if it was the real size 7 we would still not fit in it. Pampers are expensive diapers according to a lot of mums, everyone knows that, and there's nothing you can do about it because it's just an established brand. Brand names always get away with charging huge prices. I mean, pampers is SO established the word "pamper" is in the Belgian dictionary and it's their word for "diaper"!
    It does matter to a lot of AB/TBs, don't be so harsh. Some people would rather them since they're easier to acquire and make them feel a lot more babyish for it.

Quote Originally Posted by wetatnight View Post
    I bought some pampers crusers size 7's a while back and they don't seam muck bigger then the size 6's to me.
    if their going to make a size 7 make it noticably larger then the size 6.
    Every time they add a size, a whole bunch of people make a big fuss about how much fatter kids are getting and that there is a need for it in the first place. If they spaced them too far apart, then they wouldn't be able to get away with adding bigger sizes at all. That's probably why underjams came out - because now they can do that, as a first step to bigger sizes. Older kids should probably be changing themselves by their age so they don't feel bad about wearing diapers, so it's better to have a pull-up size for them anyway, for confidence reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by wetatnight View Post
    I have noticed since they 1980's most baby and adult diapers have gotten small and thinner.
    while the wearers have gotten bigger.
    shouldn't the diapers be getting bigger too. insted of smaller?
    what are these diaper companies thinking?
    make bigger diapers!! not smaller ones!!!
    Well we all know what should be and what happens are two different things. It goes by what consumers want more than need, and obviously more people would have a discreet leaky diaper than one that doesn't hide itself as a diaper to others, or visually to them (which is why we have so many pull-on brands, I'm sure).