Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for diaper recommendations.

Default Looking for diaper recommendations.

Hello,

I am looking for recommendations on a new diaper to try. I had got a case of Provider's Choice 12 hour briefs, which are AWESOME, but horribly expensive. ($65 for a case of 48) I downgraded to the Daytime Plus briefs ($55 for a case of 90), which are absorbent, but too light and WAY too noisy. I don't like them. I am looking for a cloth-backed brief that is fairly thick and absorbent, but not too expensive. What do you all think?

Just saying, you won't find a very absorbent cloth-backed diaper. This is because the plastic backing helps keep your messes in better than the cloth! c; I'm trying to think of the name of the one cloth-backed diaper I used to use. . . Gahh!! This is killing me!

Your best bet would be to double diaper Attends Extended Wear, that seemed to work for me! Even on my worst days! However, they're slightly expensive. Roughly $1 per diaper. I think there's somewhere you can get them alot cheaper, but I haven't bought them in so long so I wouldn't know!!

Hope I helped at least a little! c:

As SlowBro said - cloth != absorbency... they have poor odour control too...

Any reason you want cloth backing?

crazykittensmile

I'm not sure if they are available in the US, but I find that Kendall Lilfit Supreme Maxi have very good absorbency, comparable to Tena Slip Maxi or Molicaire Super Plus. Not sure if I have just been lucky but I have never had any problems with leaks or wicking which some people seem to accuse cloth-backed diapers of. I don't know how they are compared to Provider's Choice and they are not as thick/absorbent as an Abena X-Plus, but they are the best cloth-backed diaper I have found.

May I suggest dry 24/7
    They are quite literally taking Over the adult diaper world, bit by bit. Quite right too, from what iv heard of both the amazing quality of their products and their customer services.

Hehe it's one of those diapers I wish I could try right now but without my own postal address I can't :/

There is one thing though and it's that they are plastic backed but with that they are as absorbsnt as space diapers! And from what i've heard they are based off of the same technology!

Thank's all for the recommendations. The Dry 24/7 seem very expensive to me, so I think that is out. I don't necessarily need cloth backing, but I find that it is much quieter. I have tried Depends, and Prevail IB style and the PC Daytime plus, and the plastic backing makes them very noisy.

The PC 12 hour briefs do also have a plastic backing, but it is very quiet, and the diaper is very bulky (which I don't mind), but also quite expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by babyjess View Post
    I'm not sure if they are available in the US, but I find that Kendall Lilfit Supreme Maxi have very good absorbency, comparable to Tena Slip Maxi or Molicaire Super Plus. Not sure if I have just been lucky but I have never had any problems with leaks or wicking which some people seem to accuse cloth-backed diapers of. I don't know how they are compared to Provider's Choice and they are not as thick/absorbent as an Abena X-Plus, but they are the best cloth-backed diaper I have found.
    I have to completely agree with babyjess here. I use lille supreme maxis exclusively now. I've never had a leak in them, even when wearing to bed. The cloth backing means they feel amazing and they are so absorbent it's unreal. I've used tena slip, molicare super, cuddlz (bambinos) and abena x-plus and the lilles top the lot in my opinion. I have yet to fill one up completely despite quite a few major wettings in them. I'm aware availability in the states is poor, but apparently they're available in canada so that may be an option

Ya so far no luck finding the Kendalls. I love the Provider's Choice, but they are $1.40 per diaper, and I just can't handle that.

How about Tena max absorbency? They are cloth backed and relativly affordable. Roughly $50 for 80 (assuming your a medium). Hope this helps.

Tena ULTRA Adult Diapers, Size Medium, Full case of 80 Briefs (146-3553):Amazon:Health & Personal Care

Just a quick note. The Provider's Choice Active Ultra Plus (pheww!) diapers only have a cloth-like taping panel that let's them use the refastenable velcro tapes. The actual body of the diaper has the same kind of plastic backing as Bambino/Secure briefs do.