Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kicking back into my audiophileness

Default Kicking back into my audiophileness

So as most know, a while back on ADISC I made a poll on what size driver to go with for my boxes, and we had agreed on 12, so the question now is, how many did I buy, hehe

I bought 4 subwoofers, 4 12" subwoofers :3
    1 LA P4.12.4
    1 Pioneer W302R
    2 Sony Xplod 1000W <600rms> subwoofers

yes, the LA and Pioneer are seperate boxes, the LA actually is getting either thrown away and replaced, or just thrown away

the pioneer sub hasnt arrived yet, it will be in my paws by the 20th

The sony subs on the other hand, I have, As most have probably heard, Sony Xplod subs suck really really bad, not these ones how ever, these are the hardest hitting subs ive heard in this world so far, I've built extremely powerful subwoofer designs before, the 48 18s reached a "might kill you" rating and is not demoable, but I do know it will be at a local DB drag event in august :3
    But these, these are possibly the best subs their are in the 200$ range, I forked out 200$ for these bad boys and have em wired to a 400w amp, and my god these kick, the 'rents just love em, hehe

But yea, tell me what you think so far, and please dont tell me to match subs, I know this, im just poor :P

I think you may wish to start putting some money away for some hearing aids. I have a strong feeling you might be needing some in your future.

On a serious note, it sounds like you are putting together a nice system. Enjoy!

Omg, I'm so jelous! I've got two Mackie SR5's with NO subwoofer , but the bass responce on these things is incredible. If I had a setup like yours, my neighbors would hate me lol.

Glad it's coming together, and yes, watch your hearing. When I and the band play out, I have ear plugs.

I've been playing pure tones on these to break in the suspension, the neighbors threatened to call the cops :O

lol that when you say, "ITS NOT MY FAULT YOU DONT HAVE SOUNDPROOF WALLS!!!! JEEZE"

and also nice, my speakers are really nice, although they have been failing lately, and it seems everytime I accidently move the wire even a millimeter, the speakers go crazy and make a wierd noise.

hehe

meep, I think it is time you check your meat, cause its done <lol, first time I said it like that>

well, at least check your wires out, could be simple

Quote Originally Posted by Jakethefox View Post
    I forked out 200$ for these bad boys and have em wired to a 400w amp, and my god these kick, the 'rents just love em, hehe

But yea, tell me what you think so far, and please dont tell me to match subs, I know this, im just poor :P
    where do you get all this money? job?
    PS: which 400-700W subwoofers do you recommend for me in the $200-400 range

Quote Originally Posted by betagame View Post
    where do you get all this money? job?
    PS: which 400-700W subwoofers do you recommend for me in the $200-400 range
    I mow lawns... about 20 of them.

and for subwoofers, my favorite drivers their are in the 200$ range < a piece!> are the Fi Qs, handle 1000w rms with a sensitivity of 93db, they about 250$ a driver.

but for complete systems, the best buy Rockford Fosgate P3 <like 230ish> are some of my favorites, I just didnt get em because this came with the amp :3

ok
    well
    this is hardly audiphile stuff
    but i have my tv hooked up to a speaker sytem to make it sound better
    the stereo system is an 2.5k when new (like 10 years old)
    sony, dunno tthe type, but it has 1 sub, p[retty nice and 2 standars speakers, but im happier that it has a vinyl system
    vinyls arent bass heavy, but my god they sound ebtetr then cd's