Thread: wow ok i have what may seem like a stupid question.....

Default wow ok i have what may seem like a stupid question.....

so i was reading on the forums right and i saw the word nuk 5 right had no idea what it was then googled it and turns out as some of u may no is an Adult Pacifier. and then i looked at the price dang..... 25$ for 1 Pacifier.
    yes i know the diapers i am going to buy are a little bit of money but why not just but 1 from like sears or other places for alot less maybe its just me that doesnt get why.

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    so i was reading on the forums right and i saw the word nuk 5 right had no idea what it was then googled it and turns out as some of u may no is an Adult Pacifier. and then i looked at the price dang..... 25$ for 1 Pacifier.
    yes i know the diapers i am going to buy are a little bit of money but why not just but 1 from like sears or other places for alot less maybe its just me that doesnt get why.
    First and foremost, please use proper English, not chat speak with no punctuation.

Second, The Nuk5s are a bit of money because a) they're imported from Germany, and b) you can't find them in stores just anywhere.

If you want, you can certainly buy an ordinary pacifier from any major retailer. They will all be child or toddler sized, however, not adult sized. If you want an adult-sized paci, you're going to have to pay for it, sorry to say.

Why not buy from Sears for less? Why not buy a pair of pants four sizes too small if they're on sale. Fit.

The adult pacifier has a significantly larger amount of silicon/latex used in the nipple. Plus, they are really just designed for speech therapy - so the number of adult pacifiers produced vs. the number of baby pacifiers means they will cost a lot more per unit to produce.

Hope that explains it for you!

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    First and foremost, please use proper English, not chat speak with no punctuation.

Second, The Nuk5s are a bit of money because a) they're imported from Germany, and b) you can't find them in stores just anywhere.

If you want, you can certainly buy an ordinary pacifier from any major retailer. They will all be child or toddler sized, however, not adult sized. If you want an adult-sized paci, you're going to have to pay for it, sorry to say.
    Thanks man, for the insight and the fact that my spelling is crap. I will try to work on it still.

---------- Post added at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was at 21:30 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    The adult pacifier has a significantly larger amount of silicon/latex used in the nipple. Plus, they are really just designed for speech therapy - so the number of adult pacifiers produced vs. the number of baby pacifiers means they will cost a lot more per unit to produce.

Hope that explains it for you!
    Man dude you hit it right on the dot lol i have 3 disabilitys nuthing major that has deformed me in eny way lol but i had a tramitic brain injory when i was 2 years old. the second is i have short term memory loss but that is mainly with math... sadly and o ya i have adhd

Man dude you hit it right on the dot lol i have 3 disabilitys nuthing major that has deformed me in eny way lol but i had a tramitic brain injory when i was 2 years old. the second is i have short term memory loss but that is mainly with math... sadly and o ya i have adhd
    I'm assuming this was a reply to my PM? I guess you can't reply with negative rep... not sure how best to send you a message without you being able to reply back?

I'm assuming this was a reply to my PM? I guess you can't reply with negative rep... not sure how best to send you a message without you being able to reply back?
    i have a msn and email not sure if i was allowed to say that....

I wouldn't recommend putting it public - SpamBots will probably find it through Google...

I guess, just wait until you get your rep back up, sorry!

I wouldn't recommend putting it public - SpamBots will probably find it through Google...

I guess, just wait until you get your rep back up, sorry!
    sorry man ive been trying but no 1 has even given me 1 yet o well though guess its just me ive been posting and replying to people like crazy but at the same time i am trying to keep them nice and neat

sorry man ive been trying but no 1 has even given me 1 yet o well though guess its just me ive been posting and replying to people like crazy but at the same time i am trying to keep them nice and neat
    As I've said to you on other posts - you won't get rep for a nice and neat reply, or for flooding the forum with replies. I expect that is the exact reason you got repped down - have you looked at the comments on your profile page regarding your rep points?

The only advice I can give is to make worthwhile posts that offer useful and lengthy advice to a member. Or submit a well written story, or a useful article. I'm afraid it's just going to take time and effort to really contribute your best to the forum; and learn from the mistakes that caused negative rep in the first place!