Thread: yes!!!!!! no more!!!!1

Default yes!!!!!! no more!!!!1

no more windows 7 virus in my laptop whoot i win nick 1 virus 0

sorry i am just really happy lol tell me if u guy have had eny luck cause so far i have found 2 ways to get rid of it 1 with norton and 1 with no anti virus at all

Umm, what virus are you talking about? There's 100s on win 7

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

you no im not to sure but it comes up as windows security and then starts scanning while its scanning its erasing all the data it can.

I know of spyware that pretends to be windows security/antivirus - I have removed plenty of those from friends' laptops!

That said, if your virus was erasing data, have you recovered everything deleted or just removed the virus? If the latter, I expect your system will crash fairly soon... :[

Ive seen a few of those for windows 7 that do just that. it seems to be the trend for viruses to impersonate an anti virus program and come up scanning saying you are infected and you need to "buy" more protection.

My advice is to start in safe mode and disable any startup entries that look like they shouldn't be there. once done run a virus and spy ware scan to remove the threat. restart into normal mode and scan again.

NEVER send them your credit card info or other info. I have had to remove many a virus and malware from peoples computers who said they had paid for the software but didn't understand why it kept coming up.
    as far as deleting files it probably just marked them as hidden, go to folder options and show hidden files the select the ones you think you lost and unchecked hidden under the properties. if it did delete them get a program called recuvia and it should find and recover them for free.

Quote Originally Posted by woofcub View Post
    Ive seen a few of those for windows 7 that do just that. it seems to be the trend for viruses to impersonate an anti virus program and come up scanning saying you are infected and you need to "buy" more protection.

My advice is to start in safe mode and disable any startup entries that look like they shouldn't be there. once done run a virus and spy ware scan to remove the threat. restart into normal mode and scan again.

I do this but start up in safe mode WITH internet. Go to cnet and download MalwareBytes and run it. it will take care of all that stupid adware and malware that aren't viruses. just annoying programs that installed themselves. I had to do this when I visited my mom's last year and he got something on his account in her laptop. sadly, she din't remember how to do it and I had to guide her how to do it over the phone.

And my half brother STILL doesn't know how to tell which websites are safe or not. Anytime something goes wrong with my computer is truly is my own damn fault. like last night I nearly destroyed windows 7 on computer tower since I reset it while it was resting since I was so impatient I couldn't wait for it to cycle trough a menu.