Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Age Difference in Relationships

Default Age Difference in Relationships

In the interest of keeping a neutral thread, I will not voice my personal experience and beliefs at this time.

So, there are a few questions about the given topic which this thread hopes to address.

1. How big of a gap in age in relationships do you think is too big?
    2. Does this differ between adults and teenagers? If so, how much?
    3. What are your personal opinions regarding this matter?

Have fun! :P

Well...

Quote Originally Posted by Antropov View Post
    In the interest of keeping a neutral thread, I will not voice my personal experience and beliefs at this time.
    ... Yeah, that.

Dan x

Well, I think there shouldnīt be restrictions for true love and nobody should judge anyone who is in kind of an „uncommon“ relationship...Okay, if a 85 year old woman is in love with a 13 year old boy, then thatīs a little too extreme, but if itīs about two people 60 and 19 years old, I canīt see any problems.

Loopygone

I don't think any age gap is too big really, as long as one isn't taking advantage of the other.

Of course my feelings change when it comes to teenagers. A 13-14 yr old going out with a 18-19 year old is wrong. For what I'd of thought as obvious reasons. But once everyone has reached adulthood, then what the hell? :P

(Age of oldest / 2) + 7

That's as neutral as I can keep it!

Supersam1223

I would say that when you're a teenager (under 18) the gap should be no more than 3-4 years. But when you're an adult I don't think the age gap matters at all, and the older you get the less it matters.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

My mom is 50.
    My dad turns 61 on monday.

There really is no age gap too large. Unless you're like.. 20 dating an 80 year old, or something.
    You know. The obvious ones.

Rather than define an arbitrary age line, I'd say it's case-by-case.

Golddigger: wrong
    Cradlerobber: wrong
    Mutually like each other: age doesn't matter, in my opinion.

I don't think the numerical age matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephy View Post
    Rather than define an arbitrary age line, I'd say it's case-by-case.

Golddigger: wrong
    Cradlerobber: wrong
    Mutually like each other: age doesn't matter, in my opinion.

I don't think the numerical age matters.
    I agree with Zephy, case-by-case is the only way too judge whether a relationship is healthy. But I would add to what he said by saying that the overall experience of a person, i.e. their wisdom, life experience, character and also their progress as an adult, all tie in to the decision.

Everyone matures at a different rate. You'll find a rare amount of 16-18 year olds with a much older outlook on life, and you'll also find some 20 year olds that act and think like 14 year olds.

As long as it's legal and adheres to the points I just mentioned, then it shouldn't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    I agree with Zephy, case-by-case is the only way too judge whether a relationship is healthy. But I would add to what he said by saying that the overall experience of a person, i.e. their wisdom, life experience, character and also their progress as an adult, all tie in to the decision.

Everyone matures at a different rate. You'll find a rare amount of 16-18 year olds with a much older outlook on life, and you'll also find some 20 year olds that act and think like 14 year olds.

As long as it's legal and adheres to the points I just mentioned, then it shouldn't be an issue.
    I was just too lazy to put this into words.