Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I had an idea

Default I had an idea

You guys have heard of scotchgaurd right. Thats the spray on waterproofing sealant for fabric. What if you took you pants/jeans, turned them inside out and sprayed them. It might just stop or at least hide leaks. I have yet to try it. Anybody done it?

It would work but I don't think your pants would breath after you did that. Plastic pants are a much less hot way to do that.

o man that could end so badly dude man just dont use house hold sprays dude bad idea

Yup as the people said above, don't do it. If you get that on your walls, also try wearing them afterwards it's not gonna feel good and will be even worse in the summer when your sweating. It won't end good

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverSmall View Post
    You guys have heard of scotchgaurd right. Thats the spray on waterproofing sealant for fabric. What if you took you pants/jeans, turned them inside out and sprayed them. It might just stop or at least hide leaks. I have yet to try it. Anybody done it?
    That'd be about as useful as wearing plastic pants instead of a diaper. No absorbency is a problem. Do you really want your pee running down into your shoes?

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    That'd be about as useful as wearing plastic pants instead of a diaper. No absorbency is a problem. Do you really want your pee running down into your shoes?
    Absolutely right!

The pee has to go somewhere! I think that it would also run down your leg and leave horrible wet marks on your trouser legs.

My top tips.

1. Make sure you wear good diapers and be aware of their leakage limits!

2. If you really are worried about leaks get a pair of platic pants, mine are really unobvious and wear them over my diapers at work.

3. Keep away from your household chemicals!

I think that the implication was that in the event of a leak this would prevent it from being openly visible, not that this was the replacement for a diaper.

I would expect you will get incredibly hot wearing it, as you won't have any breathable material between the legs! Plus, if it leaks when sitting down, odds are you'll get leaks below the thighs... and if you stand up, it'll drip down your legs into your shoes, or just get damp on your legs...

Plastic pants sound like the best option really... sorry!