Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Observation on diaper booster

Default Observation on diaper booster

I love the fit of the ABU cushies and super dry kids. The single tape is wide and strong and helps me get the diaper fit and snug. Downside is the absorbancy, so I was looking to add a booster. Looked through a few posts here and found someone recommending baby diaper doublers. In checking out the different ones, I found one listed at toysrus. Interesting thing is the "baby diaper" drawing shows an adult diaper? Wonder if these are actually made for adult diapers and someone made a mistake doing the artwork marketing it as a baby diaper booster? These seem less expensive than many of the adult boosters and could actually be the same thing.

Select Kids Baby Diaper Booster Pad - 180-Count - Select Kids - Babies "R" Us

I never seen a baby diaper with two tapes?

Given that the dimensions are - 15.9 x 10.7 x 10.0 inches - and it's a pack of 30, I can't see that they are anywhere large enough to fit in an adult diaper.

However, I agree with the artwork, I guess it's more of a stock image though tbh, rather than a packaging slip-up. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by abycpl View Post
    I love the fit of the ABU cushies and super dry kids. The single tape is wide and strong and helps me get the diaper fit and snug. Downside is the absorbancy, so I was looking to add a booster. Looked through a few posts here and found someone recommending baby diaper doublers. In checking out the different ones, I found one listed at toysrus. Interesting thing is the "baby diaper" drawing shows an adult diaper? Wonder if these are actually made for adult diapers and someone made a mistake doing the artwork marketing it as a baby diaper booster? These seem less expensive than many of the adult boosters and could actually be the same thing.

Select Kids Baby Diaper Booster Pad - 180-Count - Select Kids - Babies "R" Us

I never seen a baby diaper with two tapes?
    It's probably a stock image.

Also, baby diapers work really well as stuffers, actually. Mr. X and I use store brand size 5 diapers as stuffers all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    It's probably a stock image.

Also, baby diapers work really well as stuffers, actually. Mr. X and I use store brand size 5 diapers as stuffers all the time.
    Agreed.

All I do is cut holes into the baby diaper and slip it inside of the adult one.

It works really, really well, surprisingly.

I've tried the Abena doublers recently and had good experience with them.

The Maxi in particular is really impressive. The length and width pretty much cover the entire inside of a normal adult diaper from front to back, meaning you basically have a full adult diaper within an adult diaper. They work quite well with Cushies and Super Dry Kids.

Loopygone

Quote Originally Posted by covvie View Post
    I've tried the Abena doublers recently and had good experience with them.

The Maxi in particular is really impressive. The length and width pretty much cover the entire inside of a normal adult diaper from front to back, meaning you basically have a full adult diaper within an adult diaper. They work quite well with Cushies and Super Dry Kids.
    Buy up all you can! They've stopped making them, found out yesterday when I got a phone call from my nappy supplier . Been offered an alternative, will have to do a review :P.

Quote Originally Posted by CrinkleGamer View Post
    What is the best solution for starting?
    Hi, do you mean what's best for starting wearing diapers or using boosters?

I think if you are starting to wear for the first time it is really a good idea to get a sample pack of different varieties and then find out for yourself what you like in terms of shape, fit, absorbency etc. Once you think you are happy don't then go mad and buy lots - I did and then found I really liked a smaller fit and was left with 28 large!

Thanks, I'll really keep that in mind. I'll look into that when I have nobody around to look.

I buy the booster pads right from ABU and they work great. I am the same in that I love the Super Dry Kids and the one tape design. However the absorbancy does leave a little to be desired. The booster also makes the diaper thicker which I also like.