Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is someone tryng to tell me somethng?

Angry Is someone tryng to tell me somethng?

Ok, a few weeks ago I get 20 bucks. I really wanted to get a collar and tag, so I think "I'll spend $~10 on the collar, and the rest on diapers." I found this REALLY cute collar and tag, but it cost $17. Fine, I can deal with my cloth diaper and plastic pants at night, and use some pads at school. (thats all I need, but diapers are more comfortable, and BETTER!) A few days later, I get $15, but I forgot I had to pay my friend 25. FINE! Cloth, plastic, pads. Then I got 20, and was walking into target to buy them when my friend, andrea, pops out of NOWHERE! She doesn't know yet. We ge to the mall and wind up spending $6 something at Panda Express and I buy a vibe from Spencers for 10. (I wanted a bigger one anyway) When she goes home, I remember. DIAPERS!!! Plastic, pads, repeat.

Does anyone else see a pattern here?

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyHugs View Post
    Yes, you need a bit more practice at managing your money.

Quote Originally Posted by irnub View Post
    Yes, you need a bit more practice at managing your money.
    ^I echo this

$20 - $17 = $3
    $3 + $15 = $18
    $18 - $25 = -$7
    -$7 + $20 = $13
    $13 - $6 something - $10 = -$3 something

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyHugs View Post
    You've somehow managed to spend more money than you have??? Or that you spend money on things other than diapers? Other than that, no pattern I can see sorry...

Well the thing is, I only payed my friend 15 dollars. I still owe 10. It's just that every time I'm about to get them, something else comes up or I forget. It's just really frustrating. I mean, I was going into target to buy them! I was having such a good time at the mall, I totally forgot!

money management is a difficult thing for most, it is something that takes a lot of work to get into control. I have the same problem. I spend money that I don't have.

You should open a savings account at a bank, every time you make some money, put a little in a spot for you and the rest into savings not be touched unless it is an emergency. I found this helpful for managing how much I spend.

Lol, aside from keeping your money in your wallet for longer, I don't see a pattern. That said, it is kinda funny!

Write down the things you want to buy and read it to yourself a few times. That helps to cement the desire in your mind so it's harder to forget.

Thanks all! The thing is, I never have a problem with money management. Maybe its just the fact that I nervous about buying them. (I do mostly online, you see, but can't currently, as my packages are being delivered to a friend currently. It's really complicated.) Thats why its just so ridiculous, I usually take pride in money management. XD

Miku

It's called go to a different store -.- Find one that's out of your way so you can get your diapers without anybody you know being there...