Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diaper Help Needed...Please...

Default Diaper Help Needed...Please...

Okay, so for a while I've been diaper deprived. Why? Not because I haven't been able to order diapers, but... well, actually yes, it's because I haven't been able to order diapers, for the reason that Bambino discontinued all of their small sizes, and I worry that I might be too skinny for the Medium size, so I haven't been able to get diapers.

So I'm asking 2 things:

What diaper is a good alternative to Bambinos? And please, don't recommend anything like Abena X-Plus, Secure Personal X-Plus, Dry 24/7, Molicare, Tena, Depend, etc. Why? Because, while I'm not a TB, I dislike these diapers for the reason that they all have this Medical-ish aspect to them not only with their names, but their appearance, with the wetness indicators, placing the sizing on the diaper itself, and just it's overall look that draws me away from them. I don't want to be wearing something that looks like it came straight out of a hospital, nursing home, or nuthouse. I want a diaper that looks like, well, a diaper. I'd even take baby designs even though I'm not a TB.

So, the first thing I ask is: what diaper is there that is a good diaper, comes in size Small, but doesn't have that excessive medical markings all over it. And I don't care whether or not it's cloth or plastic backed, but it MUST be a real diaper, with tapes, not some frilly-floofy-granny-panty pull-up shit. Actually, no pull-ups at all. Must have tapes. I also would like it to be white, like a real diaper.

Pretty much the closest I've come to a Bambino alternative is Secure Personal Care Xplus, but even that is too medical-ish for me. Even how the name has "care" in it.

My second question: How would someone who fits perfectly into size small Bambino diapers (aka, myself) fit in a medium size? Would it be excessively large on me? I mean, Depend classifies Small and Medium in the same size (as S/M), and I fit perfectly in the Fitted Maximums (though I don't want those again ). I've also heard somewhere that Bambino's mediums have gotten smaller, but I'm not so sure about that. Sure, ordering a sample pack can give me my answer, but the thing is that if I do order a sample pack, and they are both too big, that's 2 diapers that have no use whatsoever.

Same question applies to ABU's diapers. How big are their mediums compared to Bambino's smalls?

I wouldn't have to deal with this fucking mess if Bambino just kept their smalls in production. But unfortunately because the old stereotype of ABDL's being smelly old fat-asses really follows, and that smaller TB's aren't able to order online, they are unable to keep them in production.

Any help is appreciated. Sorry for the long-as-fuck post.
    Last edited by IantheFox; 11-May-2011 at 21:22.

You basically narrowed your list down to zero, unless you want to go with cloth diapers instead of disposables. The ABU company is sketchy, and their products are hit or miss as well. Secondly, If you fit into smalls, you can easily fit into goodnites. Third, if medium bambinos really are a bit too big, you can double-up with said goodnites, and thus creating a secure fit, and even greater absorbancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewbacca View Post
    You basically narrowed your list down to zero, unless you want to go with cloth diapers instead of disposables.
    Not only do I not like cloth diapers, but it would be impossible to maintain.

The ABU company is sketchy, and their products are hit or miss as well.
    I've heard alot of crap about ABU, mainly regarding the absorbency, but that's okay, I can use Bambino's quad booster to boost the absorbency if it is really that bad. And if the diaper even fits my freakishly skinny ass.

Secondly, If you fit into smalls, you can easily fit into goodnites.
    Goodnites are pull-ups, and they are intended to be far from diapers. I want something diaper-like, with tapes and little to no markings (baby designs are okay, though). Plus, I can't buy any diapers in-stores where I live. I live in buttfuck-fucking nowhere, where everybody knows everybody. And god for-fucking-bid I get caught buying diapers by somebody I know or knows me.

Third, if medium bambinos really are a bit too big, you can double-up with said goodnites, and thus creating a secure fit, and even greater absorbancy.
    In that case, I'd just get the after-mentioned quad booster. But what I need to know is how large the mediums of both Bambino and ABU are compared to the Bambino Smalls.

I mean, if I'm really fucked up the ass in every direction in the end, I can resort to Secure Personal X-Plus, as those are the least medical looking, but I'd really prefer not to.

Order yourself a sample pack of medium bambinos. Sure it'll cost seven bucks (which is stupid), but in the end you won't be out that much anyways. Other than that, there is little else I can help you with.

ABU is launching a new diaper in june which is outrageously expensive but it might be what you're looking for... Aside from that, as someone else said, you've narrowed it down to pretty much zero.

Quote Originally Posted by IantheFox View Post
    I mean, if I'm really fucked up the ass in every direction in the end, I can resort to Secure Personal X-Plus, as those are the least medical looking, but I'd really prefer not to.
    You really care about the name that much? According to several threads here, the only difference between Secure Personal X-Plus and Bambino Classico is the name.

No knocking on Jewbacca's advise, but from personal experience, I feel ABU is okay to deal with. I've ordered from them on four separate occasions and they seemed to improve each time. Their customer service used to leave much to be desired, but the previous couple times, I got answers within 24 hours.

I totally agree, though: their new line is CRAZY expensive. Although I've (in general) made the switch to cloth, my favorite disposable is their Super Dry Kid diapers. In fact, I just enjoyed one this evening. Still great!

However, if you are looking for crazy absorbancy, I would look elsewhere. If you want the babyish look with decent absorbancy, try ABU. I don't like to go too long without a change, so I'm biased.

Although, I have yet to experience a Bambino...

GoodJams1

I don't care for those diapers either, and that's why I choose Goodnites. It may not be a "diaper" by your standards, but Goodnites are pretty much close as you can get.
    Last edited by GoodJams1; 10-May-2011 at 02:51. Reason: is

Catperson

I know you don't want to hear it, but Depends Maximum Protection are probably about 90% of what you're looking for.

I think petty much the same way as you ,and these diapers tend to satisfy me. The only marking they have is *one* thin, pale blue wetness indicator. Other than that it is pretty much as close as you'll get to the "white disposable diaper" look that I'll bet youre going for. It also has 3 tapes instead of 1 or 2, but I can put up wit hthat because they are entirely see-through.

Careful though! these are the kind of tapes that don't come off once you tape them. If you try, it tears holes in your diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Raad View Post
    ABU is launching a new diaper in June which is outrageously expensive but it might be what you're looking for... Aside from that, as someone else said, you've narrowed it down to pretty much zero.

Quote Originally Posted by onecho View Post
    I totally agree, though: their new line is CRAZY expensive. Although I've (in general) made the switch to cloth, my favorite disposable is their Super Dry Kid diapers. In fact, I just enjoyed one this evening. Still great!

However, if you are looking for crazy absorbency, I would look elsewhere. If you want the babyish look with decent absorbency, try ABU. I don't like to go too long without a change, so I'm biased.
    Again, as much as I would love to order ABU's diapers, they don't come in small. That's like the major issue I'm having. I don't want to order mediums and have them end up being too big for me to wear (even with a sample pack, $7.00 blown on 2 diapers I can't wear).

What would really help me is if a very kind person who happened to own both a medium and small of Bambino were to post a picture comparing sizes. A comparison between medium and large would also help me, as it will at least show the differences between sizes. Just 2 pictures of them unfolded and lying on the ground side-by-side will help me. If anybody does this for me and saves me $7.00, I will give you something in return. I don't know what, but it'll be something.

And before anyone asks: my waist is 26.5".