Thread: Cruel Irony: Ever had this happen?

Default Cruel Irony: Ever had this happen?

Have you ever had a condition because of which you needed diapers in real life... and owned some but of course could not reveal that fact and had to wait for your parent to go fetch some from the miles-away 24 hour grocery place... all the while having perfect diapers in a hiding place you could not admit to owning?

If so did you think or actually say out loud, "Man these suck worse than Depends?" and get funny looks... Or have to appear not to be too expert with the taping and fit??

"Mom, if you do them up that way they'll leak... they always do..."

Never happened to me, but sometimes I ask myself: What if someone desperately needed diapers all of a sudden, and all the stores were closed? Would I be willing admit that I have some in my closet?

I don't think I could ever admit to having diapers, but I guess it would depend on urgency of the situation. I just hope to never come across a situation where having diapers means life or death.

Anyway, is this something that has happened to you? Or is this something you just thought about?

Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
    Have you ever had a condition because of which you needed diapers in real life... and owned some but of course could not reveal that fact and had to wait for your parent to go fetch some from the miles-away 24 hour grocery place... all the while having perfect diapers in a hiding place you could not admit to owning?

If so did you think or actually say out loud, "Man these suck worse than Depends?" and get funny looks... Or have to appear not to be too expert with the taping and fit??

"Mom, if you do them up that way they'll leak... they always do..."
    Okay, okay... my only question is... what the hell happened? O_O

diarrhea or bladder infection, maybe anal leakage from constipation, all sorts of things can cause urge incontinence

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBear View Post
    Never happened to me, but sometimes I ask myself: What if someone desperately needed diapers all of a sudden, and all the stores were closed? Would I be willing admit that I have some in my closet?

I don't think I could ever admit to having diapers, but I guess it would depend on urgency of the situation. I just hope to never come across a situation where having diapers means life or death.

Anyway, is this something that has happened to you? Or is this something you just thought about?
    I have the perfect solution to that, but it would only work if you had medical adult diapers and not kiddy/baby ones.

Tell the person that you have a secret case/location with lots of emergency medical equipment, and that you have a few adult diapers there. But you practice not letting anyone know where it is, so you tell him/her to not follow you as you go to your stash and come back with one (or maybe more based on what they need).

Although honestly, if a grown adult was willing to openly admit they have to wear a diaper this moment, I wouldn't feel extremely repelled to tell them 'I wear diapers because I like them'. It's marginally weirder than what they're suffering, but depending on who the person is, they miiiight be fairly open-minded to it.