Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Convert wma to mp3

Default Convert wma to mp3

I resently downloaded some songs from BearShare and went to put them on my mp3 player and it didn't work and then I relized that the songs are in wma format.

So my question is does anyone know how to convert wma formated songs to mp3?

I know this is doable because I have a friend that downloaded stuff from BearShare and he was able to convert it to mp3. I tryed to look on BearShare to see if I could download a mp3 version of the songs but it doesn't tell you what format they are in on the site.

Yeah its really easy actually XD hold on let me figure out the programs name here... dBpoweramp music converter, it converts all music files into any other music file XD it's really gr8.

Quote Originally Posted by Samaki View Post
    Yeah its really easy actually XD hold on let me figure out the programs name here... dBpoweramp music converter, it converts all music files into any other music file XD it's really gr8.
    Great; Is it free over the internet?

Bearshare? If I remember correctly from last time I used it, the reason they're in WMA is because they have DRM on them. They quit working after a while cause Bearshare is trying to turn themselves into a pay service (last time I checked). There's a program I used out there called Tunebite that I once used to strip that WMA DRM crap off a friend's music collection he got from Napster a few years ago so he could put them on his iPod. No idea if it still works or if any of what I said is still true, cause it was a while ago.

Zamzar works too. Also lets you download youtube videos and stuff.

Well I went through hell with dBpoweramp, but i'll give those programs a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin Himura View Post
    Well I went through hell with dBpoweramp, but i'll give those programs a try.
    Download audicty. Then download the Lame mp3 encoder(it gives you the link when you go to export as mp3) Then just open up the track in audacity and export it as a mp3 and your done.

EDIT:audicity and the mp3 encoder can be found here:http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows