Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awkward Situation

Default Awkward Situation

I was just watching Chelsea Lately with my dad and they showed a a clip from some show about AB/DLs and it was the typical asshole making us look bad kind of thing. It was the most awkward moment ever! He doesn't know I'm AB/DL and I'm sure he'd never seen anything like that before and he freaks out and judges people because of anything slightly weird. I tried to act cool and I hope didn't look suspicious. God I hope he never finds out! Any advice? Anything similar ever happen to anyone else?

I get plenty awkward anytime a diaper commercial comes on and the wife's around. She already knows about me, though, so she doesn't react or sometimes, she'll just grin knowingly at me. Nothing sinister.

In your case, I wouldn't give it a second thought. Even if they looked over and you appeared nervous, that's the last connection they'd evermake.

Something similar happened to me today.

This afternoon, there was an AB who appeared on some radio show. I did not get to listen to the show, but my friends did. They thought it was so strange that they told me everything about it. They were like: "This guy likes to wear diapers and use pacifiers! Really f'ed up!" My response was: "I've heard of these people before. Weird hobby for sure." I did not know what else to say.

Although my friends did find the whole AB/DL thing strange, they are pretty open minded. If they were to find out about my AB/DL side all of a sudden, I'm pretty sure they would be willing understand it a bit more. Unfortunately for you, I can't say the same thing about your dad. My only suggestion is to stay cool and live life as you normally would. I'm sure your dad didn't suspect a thing about you. He probably even forgot about the clip by now.

I always find it awkward when a commercial comes on, as I'm sure my whole family are watching my response... they're not, but it's a natural feeling really. Same if there was a show discussing it, I'd feel anxious, but just ignore any comments or brush them off - same as bigbluebear does.

Thing is, unless someone knows something about you, they will never jump to that conclusion! Like 100% never! Same with wearing in public, unless it's really obvious, no one will notice at all. So really I can only reiterate the advice - keep a level head and don't sweat it!

I had an experience like this. My girlfriend already know's about my TB side, so it's not that big a deal. But anyways, one night There was a large group of my friends hanging out watching tv, we were watching 1000 ways to die and the infamous ABDL one came on... well, my friends got a laugh about it but not much was said, my heart was racing! later on that night my gf said to me in private that if anyone had said anything negative about it she would have freaked out! Kinda glad she didn't because that would make it easy for my friends to discover im a Tbdl :p

It's always very awkward watching this kind of stuff with other people, my girlfriend knew I was nervous and that my heart was racing. I thought she would leave me after she saw that video, but we've been going strong for almost a year now.

-Ron

I think most of the time because we are "thinking" about it, we think other people know. Though everytime a nappy advert comes on the TV my mum always makes a comment about me always like nappy's, which of course makes me blush!

Do you know what show the clip was for? Was it the Taboo episode?
    Unfortunately this isn't a well known interest so if someone has a misconception, it is hard to correct them without looking like you know too much. But if something really negative is said, you might reply "well I'm sure other people are like that but wouldn't take it nearly as far. I mean I know many gay people who want nothing to do with the scantily clad fetish clothing seen in the pride parades."

banjopuppy

Quote Originally Posted by gnd567 View Post
    I was just watching Chelsea Lately with my dad and they showed a a clip from some show about AB/DLs and it was the typical asshole making us look bad kind of thing. It was the most awkward moment ever! He doesn't know I'm AB/DL and I'm sure he'd never seen anything like that before and he freaks out and judges people because of anything slightly weird. I tried to act cool and I hope didn't look suspicious. God I hope he never finds out! Any advice? Anything similar ever happen to anyone else?
    Dont worry...and yes that has happend...and i hate it >.<

P.S- Brer Rabbit is awesome! I love song of the south! Almost bout an illegal copy but I didnt have enough money :c

Quote Originally Posted by banjopuppy View Post
    Dont worry...and yes that has happend...and i hate it >.<

P.S- Brer Rabbit is awesome! I love song of the south! Almost bout an illegal copy but I didnt have enough money
    :c
    Thanks. I love that movie to and have an illegal copy!

Yeah, if you seem uptight during a thing on ABDLs, and you get asked about it, I would probably just say that it disturbed me a lot.
    Though if they found out this could backfire...