Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What should I download?!

Default What should I download?!

Ok I'm going to a collage with my highschools robotics team for the kick off of the robotics season. Well it has a computer lab and we get a one hour break for lunch, the computer lab has T4 line which is multiple gigabyte per second DOWNLOAD speeds. Basically were all bringing external HDD's. What should I download while I have the chance for instant downloads?

Ohh LOTS of stuff! You're incredibly lucky! If you're looking for games, look on www.ijji.com or www.nexon.net, they both have cool and addictive games, though I don't really play PC games anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSunDS View Post
    No, no Maplestory.

...wow. Gigabytes per second?! That's amazing! Well, there's a lot of freeware stuff out there that you can download with a clear conscience...

...or if you have time, try torrenting some stuff you like. Music, videos? Gosh. I wouldn't know what to do with that kind of speed either.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post

...or if you have time, try torrenting some stuff you like. Music, videos? Gosh. I wouldn't know what to do with that kind of speed either.
    That's what I was trying to suggest without directly hinting at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    That's what I was trying to suggest without directly hinting at it.
    mm3 (wherever he is now) showed me http://thepiratebay.org. You could try there. It has lots of stuff, though not everything. It's also got scantily clad women (in your area!) for advertisements, so whatever. There are probably plenty of other ones just as good, but this is my favorite. :p

Well tbh unless you find really good seeded stuff torrents will not work so well as you will be limited to what the peers can actually send to you... Unless you try to download insanely well seeded new stuff on private torrent sites your not gonna max out that connection. Also i would bet the college blocks bittorrent and the net your given is limited... not to mention the college may notice the massive downloads... I wouldn't reccommend downloading while your there unless yoru on dialup or something... otherwise you can get it all at home maybe not as fast, but still pretty damn fast.

I don't advise you playing Maplestory. I played it for a long time (Ice/Lightning mage level 47) and I can tell you that it's a waste of time after level 30. It's incredibly long and boring to level up past that. The party quests are usually full, otherwise I may be playing still, since that's the only fun thing to go after 30. After level 30 you begin to meet the real MS players - that is, hackers, hogs, and just plain retards. Good luck finding a decent place to train on a holiday, because all the freakin' channels are full!

I quit the game because of the wasted time and the players.

ok not only are there nearly no hackers but it has become better for everyone to play

Quote Originally Posted by CrmsnMageXx View Post
    ok not only are there nearly no hackers but it has become better for everyone to play
    No hackers? Ha, since when? They're everywhere.

And how has it become better?

(I don't want this to turn into a Maplestory discussion thread)