Thread: Dog Training Pad

Sheepz

Default Dog Training Pad

Trying to think of a way to use a dog training pad as a makeshift diaper. Any suggestions? I have tried cutting it so its like a diaper and taping it on but it doesn't really stay on that well, and doesn't work that well.

You might need to wear it under underwear. From what I remember of those, they are very thin and pretty unabsorbent. What are the dimensions of the ones you have?

Sheepz

They are 22"x23". My idea is to cut a waist bin liner so its in the diaper shape then fold the pad and lay it and tape it inside of that as the padding. Then I'll just use tape.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepz View Post
    Trying to think of a way to use a dog training pad as a makeshift diaper. Any suggestions? I have tried cutting it so its like a diaper and taping it on but it doesn't really stay on that well, and doesn't work that well.
    Try a wingfold. Bed pads, and possibly dog pads, often have roughly the same proportions as the old rectangular adult diapers. The fold will create a pouch that will reduce leaks when standing. This might give you a close approximation of the early adult diapers - which didn't work that well either.

You might be able to tie the corners, but tape would provide more flexibility in terms of fit. Masking tape can be fully removed from the pad so it looks like a used pad again - not a diaper. (Way back when I was doing this, there was only one grade of masking tape. This might not be true of all the modern masking tapes, which vary in adhesive strength.)

Sheepz

I just ran out of masking tape .

I actually used one of these in conjunction with a maxi pad. What I did was put the pad on like normal, with underwear. Then I folded the dog pad around and tucked it into the elastic on my unders on the outside. Not really the best possible thing to do, but it was rather nicely crinkly.

Sheepz

Well thanks for the advice everyone! I actually decided to use a few towels to make a cloth one and use the dog pad as an extra soaker. Not pinned too well, but it works .

Quote Originally Posted by Me :p View Post
    You might need to wear it under underwear. From what I remember of those, they are very thin and pretty unabsorbent. What are the dimensions of the ones you have?
    I did this before I could buy diapers. I works fine, but it's not absorbent at all.