Thread: Wide Awake in Thought

Question Wide Awake in Thought

Thinking back, I had one of the strangest (perhaps disturbing) introduction to being a TB/DL:

(This all took place over the course of two years.)

After finding the communities and knowing that I wasn't alone, I immediately joined a forum or two and started (admittedly) trolling chat rooms. I remember I was shy, but instantly took to anyone who messaged me. The number one thing I remember was my desire to have a "big brother," and wasn't anywhere near picky enough about it for my own good.

That's how I met "Mike." I forget his last name, but I do remember he lived in the UK-- somewhere around Bristol, I think. He seemed really sweet at first. I can't remember how old he was exactly, but I do know that I was 12, and he was at least 17. (WARNING: Never be as stupid as I was.)

Soon, though, I noticed that he took offense to anything I said very easily. If I said anything even jokingly to his chagrin, or if I made a comment about someone else in a positive manner, he would log out or throw a tantrum.

That, in retrospect, was not the strangest part. Soon, he introduced me to some kid whose name I can't remember very well (It started with a 'C'), and he was one troubled little child. He was kept babied by his single-parent mother (diapered, locking crib, bottles, etc.) and was completely socially secluded. He was (for lack of a gentler word) completely ignorant of the outside world.

Now, one night I was talking to Mr. C-name and got a message from some guy named Adam who was apparently a caretaker and family-friend of C-name. He told me that Mike was apparently really annoying the kid, and asked me to talk to him about leaving him alone (I never did). Something was very different about this guy from Mike and C-name: He was very wise and intelligent.

Somehow, they ended up in this big argument and I ended up just deleting them all out of frustration.

~~~*~~~

Looking back now with more experienced and (gratefully) accelerated perception, I have to wonder. Did I get caught in this seemingly impossible predicament (After all, it sounds absolutely ridiculous), or was "Mike" actually all three people?

1.They were never on-line at the same time.
    2.They all typed the same.
    3.It just seems way too unrealistic

So, what do you guys think? Am I just a magnet for crazies, or just unlucky enough to have met a psycho with several personas?

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingPup567 View Post
    Thinking back, I had one of the strangest (perhaps disturbing) introduction to being a TB/DL:

(This all took place over the course of two years.)

After finding the communities and knowing that I wasn't alone, I immediately joined a forum or two and started (admittedly) trolling chat rooms. I remember I was shy, but instantly took to anyone who messaged me. The number one thing I remember was my desire to have a "big brother," and wasn't anywhere near picky enough about it for my own good.

That's how I met "Mike." I forget his last name, but I do remember he lived in the UK-- somewhere around Bristol, I think. He seemed really sweet at first. I can't remember how old he was exactly, but I do know that I was 12, and he was at least 17. (WARNING: Never be as stupid as I was.)

Soon, though, I noticed that he took offense to anything I said very easily. If I said anything even jokingly to his chagrin, or if I made a comment about someone else in a positive manner, he would log out or throw a tantrum.

That, in retrospect, was not the strangest part. Soon, he introduced me to some kid whose name I can't remember very well (It started with a 'C'), and he was one troubled little child. He was kept babied by his single-parent mother (diapered, locking crib, bottles, etc.) and was completely socially secluded. He was (for lack of a gentler word) completely ignorant of the outside world.

Now, one night I was talking to Mr. C-name and got a message from some guy named Adam who was apparently a caretaker and family-friend of C-name. He told me that Mike was apparently really annoying the kid, and asked me to talk to him about leaving him alone (I never did). Something was very different about this guy from Mike and C-name: He was very wise and intelligent.

Somehow, they ended up in this big argument and I ended up just deleting them all out of frustration.

~~~*~~~

Looking back now with more experienced and (gratefully) accelerated perception, I have to wonder. Did I get caught in this seemingly impossible predicament (After all, it sounds absolutely ridiculous), or was "Mike" actually all three people?

1.They were never on-line at the same time.
    2.They all typed the same.
    3.It just seems way too unrealistic

So, what do you guys think? Am I just a magnet for crazies, or just unlucky enough to have met a psycho with several personas?
    For starters, I think I actually know who you're talking about... the C-name guy. I think it was Chris or Charlie or something... and he wound up telling me himself that it was all a farce.

Secondly; I've had situations like there where people have made up other people for stupid reasons. In the end, people like that need to gtfo.

And, besides. It's the internet! What, are they gonna go tell your mom and dad that you don't like them anymore? :p