Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does this seem like a trust worthy plastic pant?

Default Does this seem like a trust worthy plastic pant?

waterproof adult plastic pants underwear M L XL XXL | eBay

It's going to be only $6 which isn't bad but I mean ist a plastic pant a plastic pant? I'm just want it to prevent leaks onto my bed and what not.... any tips?

The price is so low that it's probably not a quality product. Unfortunately, you usually get what you pay for.

for $6 its probably worth a try. you never know you might end up with a good pair or might just be a pair that rips or the plastic gets stiff after 1 or 2 washes.

Thanks after that I found another one that seems better (non slip on)

2203Incontinence Adult Baby Nappy Clear Plastic Pant-TM | eBay

So yeah that's the one?

Also any ideas of what I should be expecting out of this? Will this reduce odor while wet or what?

crazykittensmile

Quote Originally Posted by dragsnick View Post
    Thanks after that I found another one that seems better (non slip on)

2203Incontinence Adult Baby Nappy Clear Plastic Pant-TM | eBay

So yeah that's the one?

Also any ideas of what I should be expecting out of this? Will this reduce odor while wet or what?
    I don't know about that exact style of pants, but I have ordered a pair of plastic pants from that ebay seller before and, considering how cheap they were, was really pleased with their quality. The snaps are nice and strong and it was generally well made and accurately sized, which isn't always the case with plastic pants. But as I said they were a different style, just the same seller, so I can't really say anything about the actual pants, but I'd recommend the seller anyway

Quote Originally Posted by babyjess View Post
    I don't know about that exact style of pants, but I have ordered a pair of plastic pants from that ebay seller before and, considering how cheap they were, was really pleased with their quality. The snaps are nice and strong and it was generally well made and accurately sized, which isn't always the case with plastic pants. But as I said they were a different style, just the same seller, so I can't really say anything about the actual pants, but I'd recommend the seller anyway
    Awesome so the seller being awesome is good. Makes me feel less worried ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by dragsnick View Post
    waterproof adult plastic pants underwear M L XL XXL | eBay

It's going to be only $6 which isn't bad but I mean ist a plastic pant a plastic pant? I'm just want it to prevent leaks onto my bed and what not.... any tips?
    I swear those will be Priva, aka spawn of the devil. The material is less than paper-thin and stress at the leg elastics causes pin holes at the stitching where the elastic is sewn to the plastic. They were sold here 3 for $10.

avoid. ATM The pound is Canadian $1.58, or $1 = 65 pence roughly

mmm dont know if they had plastic pants in the shop i would get them but do they or are they online only

Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
    The material is less than paper-thin and stress at the leg elastics causes pin holes at the stitching where the elastic is sewn to the plastic.
    I was going to ask what makes one pair of plastic pants better than another but I guess that answers my question.

Do you guys have any recommendations on what are or where to buy decent plastic pants online? Oh and also is there anything I should look for when looking to determine the quality of plastic pants before buying?

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteBedlam View Post
    I was going to ask what makes one pair of plastic pants better than another but I guess that answers my question.

Do you guys have any recommendations on what are or where to buy decent plastic pants online? Oh and also is there anything I should look for when looking to determine the quality of plastic pants before buying?

Decent. What is decent? Priva is poor in every which way, like an anemic legless blind athlete, all his stats nearly zero. But if you want to think about an athlete with stats in the tens, you need to ask," which stats in particular?" What about stats where a ten in one way limits another stat to say a five? All football players are good athletes; but the very best potential quarterbacks don't make the very best linebackers.

I was going to ask what makes one pair of plastic pants better than another
    You should make your own list of criteria; roughly divided between functionality, aesthetics, and cost.

Make yourself a point system. Yours will differ from mine. "Best" is what meets your particular needs.

AESTHETICS: look and feel: in many cases this equates to "what is most babyish to me?"

Prints? Transparent? Opaque?

Texture: Smooth? Slippery as oil? embossed?

Sound: Silent? Crinkly?

Smell: Vinyl? Vic's rub? Baby powder? My wife's perfume? Rubber? None?

: How well will it hold the scent of my choice? (For the messers, do I want to glory in the smells of my own making, or cover them up?

I choose to call 'functional' other qualities:

Durability: which will depend on how they get washed and how often, and what kind of care you plan to give them; drip drying just isn't practical in high rise studio apartments and submarine berths. You may need heavy duty elastic; you may be latex allergic and require elastics oversewn.

There are different materials out there (I fancy oiled sealskin atm - doesn't mean I'm gonna get any) like polyester, vinyl, and rubber, natural or synthetic. These come in different thicknesses; generally thicker means more durable.

I could write a lot on fit, but basically you want to consider what's going underneath, its shape and thickness. Also how discreet you want to be: if you want to appear to be wearing a pumpkin around your waist, or not. Positioning of the leg holes and the width of the crotch vary by person.

When all is said and done, and you have an idea of what's best FOR YOU cost comes into it. If cost is no object find an online seamstress, get them to ship you swatches and detailed preference forms, and your exact measurements

Otherwise, $US 15-30 should work; in general but only in general you get what you pay for.

Now while I am a pretty ardent fan, I am not the best informed or the most experienced; I believe AngelaBauer to be a top resource, she being experienced and with a wealth of facts at hand.

Here is a link for a vendor to give you an idea of the huge variety of variations on the theme; just scroll their front page Plastic Pants and Cloth Diapers for Incontinent Adults

And after a bit of sleuthing I found what is probably the most complete article I have read on plastic pants, originally supplied by Angelabauer I am pretty certain.

This should answer your above question. http://www.incontinentsupport.org/chap8.php
    Last edited by Raccoon; 02-May-2011 at 22:35.