Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Morrowind or Oblivion?

Default Morrowind or Oblivion?

This one has been done to death, but I think it'll be interesting.

1. Morrowind or Oblivion?

2. WHY?????

I'll say mine later.

Daggerfall! lol

It was the first from the series I played and the first game to be that open ended. I played it forever and I dont think I ever finished the main quest. All those games are great though. (Between Morrowind and Oblivion I say Morrowind. I liked the art direction better)

Morrowind, the art was nice, the mods where fantastic, to me it felt like a more wild and untamed world...just my two cents

I will agree though that Daggerfall was nice too, how it changed seasons and such :3

Morrowind.

If your playing oblivion it better be on PC so you can play it with mods. If not Play Fallout 3 or beat yourself senseless. Because Playing Oblivion not on PC or without mods should be classified as doing self harm.

Morrowind.

And I wasn't even a fan of that.

But I dislike Oblivion with a passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Taihaku View Post
    But I dislike Oblivion with a passion.
    Agreed.

Morrowind was such a huge, alien world.
    You get off the boat and think, "Now what?" There's hundreds of weapons and spells. You can create any spell you want to. You can enchant your own items. Morrowind is WAY more immersive than Oblivion. There's a better storyline. There's an amazing backstory, what with all the books, scrolls and lore. I've played Morrowind for like 3 years, and I'm sure there are still lots of missions I haven't completed.

Oblivion is like Morrowind for 10 year olds.
    Your hand is held throughout the game. Fast travel is bad. Markers showing you exactly where to go are bad. The speaking characters are bad. The fewer skills and weapons and spells are bad. The fact that enemies have a longer view distance than you, and charge you 100% of the time is bad.

At this rate, how much worse can Skryrim be? Honestly, I'm sort of expecting a hack-and-slash, with like 3 weapons, 3 spells, health and magicka.
    But then again, I am kind of pessimistic. Let's hope for the best!

GoodJams1

Oblivion, mainly because I haven't played Morrowind.

Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    At this rate, how much worse can Skryrim be? Honestly, I'm sort of expecting a hack-and-slash, with like 3 weapons, 3 spells, health and magicka.
    But then again, I am kind of pessimistic. Let's hope for the best!
    If Fallout: New Vegas is any indicator, Skyrim should be awesome. Bethesda fixed a lot of the problems that people had with Fallout 3 with that game, so I'm hopeful that the new Elder Scrolls game won't be a new Oblivion.

Very hard decision, they both are great games. Ugh -_- If I had to pick I guess it would be morrowind. Why? Well, because there is an assload of stuff to do in it plus you can screw up the game by killing someone you aren't supposed to so yeah, it adds a bit of hardcore-ness and realism to the game.
    Oblivion is good too, I enjoy the gameplay in that one. Can't wait for Skyrim! We'll finally get to see Bethesda's new Creation Engine and finally move away from the aging Gamebyro engine.

irawrr

OBLIVION!!!! because the mods are sexylicious and it's the only one I've played ;3