Thread: Prision and incontinence? (idk random topic that hit me)

Default Prision and incontinence? (idk random topic that hit me)

Anyways heres a fun random topic that hit me while i was chilling my boyfriend noodle. So like... what if you develop or have incontinence or w/e or even wet the bed frequintly and are in prison.... do they like... give you diapers? How would that even work.. idk thats just like a wow wtf idk topic. Personally i think at some point there is probably a file under cruel and unusual punishments that protects incontinent people from abuse like not getting products but for bed wetters theres probably a good chance their screwed.

What do you guys think? Maybe somebody here knows... probably varies country to country like everything.

When this same topic came up a couple of years ago on another forum, an adult bedwetter who had recently gotten out of prison reported that he was supplied with diapers. I don't remember the location except that it was in the States.

Butterfly Mage

I would think that in prison, the inmates have to be cared for medically. For instance, a diabetic prisoner would be given insulin, an asthmatic would be given an inhaler, etc. Incontinence would basically fall under the same category. My guess is that diapers in prison wouldn't be Molicare or Bambinos.

thats a good IDK question might i add, now ive never been but i do know a few correction officers......... calling one now. ok i literally just got off the phone with her and she said she hasnt had anyone currently with that problem but a few years ago they did have a gent that was inco and was given a catheter with a leg bag. as for bed wetting she didnt know sorry

acorn

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenFox View Post
    thats a good IDK question might i add, now ive never been but i do know a few correction officers......... calling one now. ok i literally just got off the phone with her and she said she hasnt had anyone currently with that problem but a few years ago they did have a gent that was inco and was given a catheter with a leg bag. as for bed wetting she didnt know sorry
    It is not just what a person says, but also how they say it. Her response to bedwetting for example, prisions have strict policies for dealing with any issue. What I'm suggesting is that in general population, you would have as much chance of getting a nice bottle of wine served with your dinner. Don't forget to tell the waiter that white wine should always be chilled.

I am currently employed as a confinement officer.

We have people come in all the time drunk, detoxing, etc, who end up pissing themselves or worse. Especially when people are detoxing. The nurse VERY rarely allows prescription narcotics to be taken in the jail, so if you're on narcotics (legally or otherwise) you're going to end up detoxing. End of story. And that often involves some temporary incontinence. It is just dealt with and handled maturely. Soiled items are washed and then returned.

Haven't had a bedwetter in yet (it is on the list of medical questions we ask during book-in) but we do keep diapers in stock for that situation. They are horrible crappy store-brand cloth-backed disposables. And no, we would never allow someone to bring their own in. Too much of a security risk considering how easy it would be to hide something in the package (even a seemingly unopened package). My advice: If you're incontinent, don't come to jail.

If you are, you'd probably be kept up in holding away from general population which is basically no better than being in solitary confinement. You're allowed out to use the phones whenever you ask but there's no television and you can't walk around in the dayroom because there isn't any - it's the holding cells.

We actually do have a trustee currently who wets the bed on occasion. As far as I know - surprisingly - the other trustees handle it pretty maturely. I doubt they would if he wore diapers, however. He stays in the trustee block with the rest of the trustees, not up in holding. If you aren't a trustee though I really doubt you'd be put with general population, no matter how infrequent it is. You MIGHT get put in the medical block, I'm not sure. Big maybe.

Like I said, we haven't had a bedwetter in yet that I know of (barring that trustee, and he's pretty infrequent) so I'm not 100% sure what would happen.

This is in jail, however. I'm not sure how the policy would differ in prison.

I would suspect that a bedwetter would be placed in a special needs unit. I'm not sure, but it makes sense that someone who wears diapers would not be in general population. Most prisoners are not very mature or friendly in the first place, much less so if they are handed a reason to harass someone.