Thread: Marble Hornets

Default Marble Hornets

Has anyone watched this series?
    Personally I prefer it over most horror movies today..
    I even bought the Dvd in the first run and I have to say I love his series to death..

teamaster

I watch it.It's interesting and it has a unique angle to it.I find it funny and I'm kinda mad about how people made their own myth and have the monster a name and all that.

And now I'm going to have to binge on it later. I, personally, love the creepypastas and the Marble Hornets series, but the whole meme of Slenderman has gone too far, IMO. Heck, it's gone so far that there are people who believe in his existence. Not that I'm denying that the mention of him makes me look every which way and cling to my pillowpets for dear life.

Quote Originally Posted by teamaster View Post
    I watch it.It's interesting and it has a unique angle to it.I find it funny and I'm kinda mad about how people made their own myth and have the monster a name and all that.
    Slenderman wasn't invented by the creators of Marble Hornets. He was originally a copypasta on a paranormal imageboard, I believe. And even then, there have always been legends about creepily tall, skinny abominations and ghosts that kidnap kids. So I can't say that he's an entirely original concept. Yeah.

I half expect him to drop his pants and pull one of these on us, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shukkume View Post
    And now I'm going to have to binge on it later. I, personally, love the creepypastas and the Marble Hornets series, but the whole meme of Slenderman has gone too far, IMO. Heck, it's gone so far that there are people who believe in his existence. Not that I'm denying that the mention of him makes me look every which way and cling to my pillowpets for dear life.
    Yeah they are kinda taking it abit far..and I still get creeped out when I try to sleep while always looking over my shoulder as I see through my see my through bamboo window shades.. *Shivers*

Booger

I've been keeping up on it, and frequently amazed at how progressively scarier it's gotten with each Entry.

While it's good to see Alex alive, his being there with Jay only poses more questions, and it's easy to say that Alex's behavior has gotten a lot more creepier.

Oh man, I LOVE the Marble Hornets videos. I believe I first found them when someone here mentioned it in a horror thread, actually.

They have been getting scarier and scarier, and I've been even more frightened by them then Paranormal activity was (Which by the way, has been the only thing to scare me in a long, long time.)

Just the way the series has done (a ongoing mystery mixed with horror aspects, kthx) is simply amazing. Every new entry adds new questions and elements to the picture, but at the same time, leaves you wanting more. The Totheark videos, the masked person, Slenderman himself (Apparently he's called The Operator (Warning, spoilers ahead.))... There's so much speculation and guessing to what is going on, that no one is quite sure they have the answer. That's the best part. In most horror movies and shows, the ending is so easy to guess, or there is a major plot twist that happens, but you probably already say that coming too.

And yes, I know Slenderman isn't real... but it's fun to think he is.

For those of you that haven't watched them, I highly recommend them! Just make sure it's nighttime, they can be finished fully within a few hours... good luck!