Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ab Cushies

Topback16

Default Ab Cushies

So I was on their site yesterday and I think I may be in love with the cushie. How is it ? Does it have good smell protection for a messy? I'm also wondering about ab universe shipping. Can you ask them to deliever at a certain time to your house or do you have to bring that up with the shipping company ? Thanks

I've ordered from ABU, but I've never tried the Cushies. However, I have purchased the Super Dry Kids many times and they are made of the same material as Cushies (so I've been told). The only difference is the shell: the SDKs have a plastic cover with a tape print, while the Cushies are more cloth like.

For smell protection...well, it depends which "form" you're insinuating. Of course, #1 is quite a bit easier to hide and they seem to do this well enough, although, I must stress, this is in reference to using a diaper with a plastic cover. With the more cloth-like cover, it probably will be easier to smell. As for #2, there is no real way to hide it. I have never done the latter in public and I would advise against testing the diaper's ability in this way.

As for shipping issues, deal with the shippers; I believe ABU uses FedEx. They will deliver to PO Boxes and leave packages on doorsteps. (In one of my bolder AB moves, I had my unsuspecting elderly neighbor pick up a package from them when I was away form home. He never figured out what the package was, to this offers you some peace of mind.) However, contact them to set up anything special.

Hope this helps!

If you do get these, be sure to post a review, I'm looking into them myself.

Quote Originally Posted by onecho View Post
    The only difference is the shell: the SDKs have a plastic cover with a tape print, while the Cushies are more cloth like.
    Cushies have a plastic cover similar to the SDKs. They aren't cloth-like.

I was sort of interested in the ABU diapers but the one tape just doesn't seem like it would work for me. I'm already bothered enough by the small amount of waist that's left loose above the second tape on most diapers. With the one tape it looks like half the diaper is unsecured.

I got a sample pack once, wasn't really impressed. They are quite thin for being so expensive, and the one tape system is to low on the waist to be of any real comfort or security for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ultrapampers View Post
    Cushies have a plastic cover similar to the SDKs. They aren't cloth-like.
    Considered me corrected. Apologies for the misinformation.

I personally loved the one tape sytem.I just thought that it stuck really well and it never really felt like it was going to come off of me. Now the diaper is extremely thin I agree. So worth it? Nah.

teamaster

I think it kinds gets a bad reputation.It takes a long time to get to your house, which pisses me off.They are cute and mostly comfortable.They have a hard outer layer but you'll only feel it if you have pressure on the diaper.You van also add a baby scent to them and it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by onecho View Post
    Considered me corrected. Apologies for the misinformation.
    No worries. It's funny, I was actually wearing a Cushies when I was first reading this thread, so I thought I should add a little to the conversation. I'm glad they're plastic, and would hate to have had to agree with you on them being cloth-like!

By the way, the Cushies tapes are REALLY strong. No worries about tapes popping on these!