Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Collars in Public

Default Collars in Public

I recently acquired a collar of my own, and I'm very much in love with it but I haven't managed up the nerve to wear it outside of the house. This led me to wonder what other furries thought about wearing collars in public, if it's too taboo or totally fine and no-one should care. Also, if there are any tips on getting over the fear of wearing a collar in public, that would be awesome.

I wear mine occasionally. To be honest, fewer people seem to associate it with furry than I had originally expected. I've been wearing it to work all this past week and have gotten nothing but compliments on it, so to be honest, I don't worry about it at all. I can't really help with 'good' advise to get over nervousness. The advise I have is simply realise that other peoples' opinions of your apparel doesn't actually matter.

Personally I'm not a fan of collars. But collars are common among a few subcultures. And when you get down to it collars aren't anything other than accessories, no different than necklaces.

Collars aren't usually associated with furries, actually. I've seen a lot of people with collars, and I don't think anyone would give you a hard time about it.

i wear mine outside all the time . if your honestly a little worried about i then do what i did at first . wear a high collared shirt that sorta covers it up. it also helps if your with freinds who dont cre if you wear one or not . that really helped me build up the nerve

I see people wearing collars all the time at school and stuff. I really dont think people will think anything of it, hell at my school you see tons, i mean TONS of people wearing collars.

I'm not a furry, but I love collars, and I wear my collars in public very often. Occasionally, I'll get an odd look from someone, or looks from people that look genuinely interested and/or jealous. Most of the time, though, people just don't care. The steel spiked one gets the most attention, but then, that's also by far the most imposing one I have.

Supersam1223

I don't see any problem with wearing a collar in public. In fact I am planning to purchase a collar of my own (for BDSM reasons, I'm not a furry), and will wear it in public.

Most people wouldn't care that you are wearing a collar, that is if they even notice. I would suppose that most people would just view it as a necklace of sorts, only someone who is part of a sub-culture that wears collars (for example furries or Submissives) would view it as anything other than a fashion statement.

Quote Originally Posted by supersam1223 View Post
    I don't see any problem with wearing a collar in public. In fact I am planning to purchase a collar of my own (for BDSM reasons, I'm not a furry), and will wear it in public.

Most people wouldn't care that you are wearing a collar, that is if they even notice. I would suppose that most people would just view it as a necklace of sorts, only someone who is part of a sub-culture that wears collars (for example furries or Submissives) would view it as anything other than a fashion statement.
    Like I said, people do sometimes notice, and you can usually tell by how they look at you whether they're disapproving because you're doing something against societal norm, or whether they're approving or jealous because you're doing something they think is cool.

Usually when I wear the black studded collar, which is my favourite to wear out, most people don't pay it too much mind. It's the steel spiked one that everyone notices.

Supersam1223

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    Like I said, people do sometimes notice, and you can usually tell by how they look at you whether they're disapproving because you're doing something against societal norm, or whether they're approving or jealous because you're doing something they think is cool.

Usually when I wear the black studded collar, which is my favourite to wear out, most people don't pay it too much mind. It's the steel spiked one that everyone notices.
    Where'd you get the steel spiked one? I NEED it.