Thread: New to Site, not new to lifestyle

Default New to Site, not new to lifestyle

My name is... oh wait you find that creepy As you can see I did read the cheat sheet and have a sense of humor. I'm very open minded but that goes without saying I would think as the type of site it is. I recently started a web hosting business with web design but do not plan to use that as a main source of income because that would not be realistic. I have school paid for from my time in the military so I plan to use that to go to school for Early Childhood Intervention and a course in Sign Language interpretation (think I mispelled that in my profile... hmmm). I have a 1 year old son and a daughter who will be 3 in the third week of May. She isn't talking yet so with that history is how I went from wanting to go to school for network administration to the other. It's amazing how life has a way of changing your mind on stuff.

I am very mechanically and technically inclined. I'm good at working on cars, installing car audio, alarms, remote starters, etc. I'm also good with computers both inside and the software troubleshooting part. I'm not that good at computer programming but I hold my own with web design.. go figure haha. I want to get back into building models and building model rockets then taking them to an open field and launch em for my kids. I think they would get a kick out of that.

I found my way to this site because of the common interest that the site was designed around... diapers. From the time I was young I've always had an interest which is due to a past I will not go into right now. So liking them is just a part of who I am. I have found that I get more joy out of being a caretaker than I do just wearing, and when combined it is just something that can't be explained. I would like the opportunity for someone to care for me and see if I actually regress like true AB's do so I can understand them more and be able to better take care of them. I know the site isn't geared around diapers and it's bad mojo to bring them up other than here, but a section on brands would be interesting. I have learned about brands I would not have known about if it wasn't for a forum I had found.

Lets see, I mentioned about hobbies... I am also pretty handy with refinishing wood. I like outdoors too. It has been way too long since I've been able to just get on a bicycle and ride around. Could be due to the fact I do not own one right now.. ya think ... I also like camping, campfires, and everything that goes with it... like a tent and smores!!!

Over time I'd like to get to know more people here and delve into my past. There is a lot I have not talked about much and most sites it is all about fetish. Yes mine is partly a fetish but it's a lot more than that too. This site seems to be a safe place and if it were a physical location, I could see myself going there in person hehe. It has taken a lot for me to accept who I am and that I can not just ignore it, not for a relationship or anything. In the future I need to be with someone that can accept all of me, which is what I should have done over seven years ago.

I kind of got away of what I was looking for from the site and part of that comes from having adult ADD!!! Oh the joy! In a nutshell to be able to give input to others that are looking for it and get input about my past and different things and to be more accepting of who I am, even when the community as a whole finds it taboo-ish to even talk about.

So... Early Childhood Intervention... do you stop kids from having a childhood early?

crazykittensmile

Hi AdultInnocence,

Welcome to Adisc That was a great introduction - kudos for using the cheat sheet and having a look around the site to get a feel for the community before posting

Going to school to learn about Early Childhood Intervention sounds really interesting - I am just about to graduate from school as a teacher for children with Additional Support Needs, and I must say that my work is incredibly rewarding. I have taken a couple of basic courses in makaton, which is a form of sign language specially developed for use with children with ASN and/or speech, language and communication difficulties. The vocabulary and signs in makaton are all quite simple, which is great as it is quite quick to learn, and I love having an alternative method of communication from speech. Although my friends always comment that when I come home from work I find it hard to snap out of and start using it with them as well! But learning makaton has made me really want to learn British Sign Language as well so that I would also be able to communicate with people with hearing impairements. Do you use any signs with your daughter currently?

I too love the outdoors - I love to go camping in the summer (not so fond of it in the winter when it's cold and wet), I love roasting marshmallows over a camp fire. I also love cycling but don't do it anywhere near enough - I have a bike but it has a slow puncture so before using it each time I have to pump the tyres up, which I can't usually be bothered with doing it. I probably ought to fix the puncture, but I haven't got a clue how to do that. It took me ages just to figure out how to blow up the tyres with the pump thing.

Anyway, welcome to the community - that if this was a real place you would still see yourself entering was a really nice way to put it! From your introduction, the effort you put into it and the fact that you looked around before posting I can tell that you shall fit in here and be a great new member. I look forward to hearing more from you and seeing you in the forums

Yay more parents; the more the merrier. I second the excellence of the intro: when I see your name and if I wonder who you are this intro will ring all the right bells.

We are a support site for all who are into diapers recreationally and that includes the fetishists: like me. It's a hard distinction to explain and a hard message to get across, especially to a person before they register.

The kinds of support on offer don't distinguish between the kinds of "happy" a person gets from wearing; we all deserve support if we need it; Adisc just doesn't exist to titillate, as valid as doing so happens to be; we leave that up to other sites. We manage to keep our hands full as it is. I am looking forward to your new threads in other forums which I am certain will interest and entertain us.

Go at your own pace with filling in your background; don't feel any need to rush things.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephy View Post
    So... Early Childhood Intervention... do you stop kids from having a childhood early?
    I see I'm not the only one with a sense of humor! For those that do read this that may not know, Early Childhood Intervention is working with kids that are delayed in one form or another. Many times like in my daughters case she is not talking yet. It is like a form of early childhood education.

Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
    Yay more parents; the more the merrier. I second the excellence of the intro: when I see your name and if I wonder who you are this intro will ring all the right bells.

Go at your own pace with filling in your background; don't feel any need to rush things.
    Thank You for the welcome. Glad I started things out good. I like to put thought into what I write, it is like a person thinking before speaking hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by babyjess View Post
    Hi AdultInnocence,

Welcome to Adisc That was a great introduction - kudos for using the cheat sheet and having a look around the site to get a feel for the community before posting

Going to school to learn about Early Childhood Intervention sounds really interesting - I am just about to graduate from school as a teacher for children with Additional Support Needs, and I must say that my work is incredibly rewarding. I have taken a couple of basic courses in makaton, which is a form of sign language specially developed for use with children with ASN and/or speech, language and communication difficulties. The vocabulary and signs in makaton are all quite simple, which is great as it is quite quick to learn, and I love having an alternative method of communication from speech. Although my friends always comment that when I come home from work I find it hard to snap out of and start using it with them as well! But learning makaton has made me really want to learn British Sign Language as well so that I would also be able to communicate with people with hearing impairements. Do you use any signs with your daughter currently?
    Thank you as well for the welcome. I will have to look into makaton as this is the first I heard of it. Using ASL I feel the kids learn another form of communication which a lot of people do not know. If more people learned sign language then the hearing impaired would not feel so left out.

With a slow leak you may be able to use a sealer to fill the hole in the tube. There is a product that I first learned about when I lived in Arizona called slime. If you can get that, and may need help with it, but you remove the stem in the tube with a removal tool that is inexpensive and should be available at any store with bicycles, put the slime into the tube, then put the valve stem back in. Then you air it up, go out riding and no more flat! It's great to use even in new tubes as it will prevent a flat to begin with. Arizona has a lot of burs that like to puncture the tubes so without the slime, I would go through an innertube probably once a week.

Edit: Yes we use sign language with my daughter. She knows more, eat, drink, baby, a couple of the colors and a few other misc signs.

Looking forward to being able to contribute and be part of the community.