Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone think I'm fat? Honest replies only.

Default Does anyone think I'm fat? Honest replies only.

Okay this is just to ask out there, but do I look fat I'm 5"1, weigh in 112llbs, and have a 31 inch waist. I'm just asking for my own safety. Plus I lift weights in school.

Topback16

The average weight for a 5'1 female is 106-118. So your fine (:

Honestly I haven't looked at you and your measurements don't tell a full story. I have no wish to see members, and I hope you ignore requests for photos. Besides

Not fat. You're in the lower half of normal weight, but very close to being exactly at the "ideal" weight for your height, but it's still dependent on muscle tone vs. body fat ratio whether you're a skinny average or an average average. I'm guessing you're toned or slim as your waist is 31 inches. I'm 5'2" female, around a similar weight and have a 27 inch waist. Any more slim and you'd be quite skinny I think. If you think you're fat then you likely have a different ideal than most people have, one that is very slim, possibly unhealthy, and you should see a counselor. Guys can have eating disorders just as easily as females, and some of your post makes me concerned, saying "just asking for my safety" mentioning you lift weights, and emphasizing that, as well as being worried about your weight. Maybe talk to your school counselor if you're concerned.

Is there any reason you feel fat? Has anyone said anything? Or do you just really want to be small? Or is it just a passing thought? I can assure you that you're not fat with those numbers.

Well I was just wondering because I used have an eating disorder and then started weight lifting just to help me out and at first I ended gaining the weight I lost from not eating right and excessive running . I used to way 130 and I was obese , so then I ran alot. Lost 32 lbs then the eating disorder began where I would tend to eat very little. So now I'm weight to get back what I lost and I just thought maybe I could get rid of some excess weight without losing any muscle. And some off my waist.

Quote Originally Posted by babywolfy1 View Post
    Well I was just wondering because I used have an eating disorder and then started weight lifting just to help me out and at first I ended gaining the weight I lost from not eating right and excessive running . I used to way 130 and I was obese , so then I ran alot. Lost 32 lbs then the eating disorder began where I would tend to eat very little. So now I'm weight to get back what I lost and I just thought maybe I could get rid of some excess weight without losing any muscle. And some off my waist.
    Lose fat + gain muscle == gain weight
    Lose muscle + gain fat == lose weight

Fat weighs less than muscle, so if you are gaining muscle and losing fat, your weight might go up, but you are still thinner/healthier. It's brought up in "SuperSize Me" when the guy weighs in and has actually LOST weight eating only McDonald's and the doctor says something like "well that probably means you've lost a lot of muscle, and could still have gained fat".

Even at 130lbs and 5 foot 1 you wouldn't be obese on the BMI scale, you'd hardly be overweight even. If you have a history with eating disorders, it might be an idea to talk to your doctor about diet/exercise and get some proper advice :-s

DrunknFox

Lets see, I'm 6'1" and I'm 120lbs. Needless to say, I am quite underweight. So I would think your about where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephy View Post
    Lose fat + gain muscle == gain weight
    Lose muscle + gain fat == lose weight

Fat weighs less than muscle, so if you are gaining muscle and losing fat, your weight might go up, but you are still thinner/healthier. It's brought up in "SuperSize Me" when the guy weighs in and has actually LOST weight eating only McDonald's and the doctor says something like "well that probably means you've lost a lot of muscle, and could still have gained fat".
    how do keep the muscle while still being active
    Last edited by BabyHeroSakura; 23-Apr-2011 at 01:01. Reason: Out of topic