Thread: The Advanced Baby, kidults and more

Default The Advanced Baby, kidults and more

I found some really interesting (and almost historical) information, psychology, links to even newspaper writers and authors talking about *B before it was 'more popular' to say Adult Baby.

This article is published in the book:
    "Psych 101 -
    What you didn't learn in nursing school."
    The Advanced Baby

Section: Infantilist Support - What is True Infantilism?
    What is True Infantilism?
    *read the 'related essays' at the bottom too!

Just thought this would be interesting reading for some

Wow, what an interesting read.

Its interesting this was written back in 2006. Apparently the writer Kathi is AB as outlined in the picture links?

I've ran across this stuff before. To me it seems to be a just few people trying to sell their books. If you check out the links on the first article almost all go to the site hosting it. Only one of the other links on that page even worked, and it went to a supposed copy of a news paper article from another person who is trying to cash in on us.

Also the term Adult Baby was being used by the community long before this group tried to cash in on us. They thought making up terms would make them seem as forerunners in the study of ABs.

how interesting. I like how they're being professional about the matter and they actually cite their sources.

I greatly prefer her older essays, when she still used established terminology. "The Childish BPD Adult" is a concise, firsthand account that is consistent with the symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder. She later rebranded this condition as "true infantilism."

Quote Originally Posted by kitsiulla View Post
    I found some really interesting (and almost historical) information, psychology, links to even newspaper writers and authors talking about *B before it was 'more popular' to say Adult Baby.
    Actually, that article was written a week into a 2006 debate on Wikipedia about terminology. The established terminology - adult baby, teen baby, diaper lover, AB/DL, paraphilic infantilism, etc. - were in place long before the neologisms promoted by those articles. The "alphabetical soup" mentioned in the last paragraph of the advanced baby page is probably a reference to "AB/DL."

Quote Originally Posted by BruanHam View Post
    I've ran across this stuff before. To me it seems to be a just few people trying to sell their books.
    Actually, it is just one person selling her things and trying to tell us who we are.

The Wikipedia debate didn't go her way because all published sources used established terminology, not her terminology. Ideally, Wikipedia debates are settled by citing published sources. Her first book was self-published a year after that Wikipedia debate. However, self-published books can't be cited on Wikipedia. After no established publisher wanted her first book, she wrote the second. The second doesn't seem to have attracted a real publisher either.

By the way, those who have Googled me in the last five years might have seen one of her pages. She has been threatening to 'out' me from her page since she lost that debate on Wikipedia. Of course, her attack page doesn't mention Wikipedia. Wikipedia permits people to read both sides of the debate, not just her claims about what did or did not happen.