Thread: Checking in

Default Checking in

Hello everyone! I decided it was time I stop merely lurking around and get to introducing myself.

I'm a geeky girl with a very overactive imagination who loves video games, sci-fi/fantasy movies, anime, and costuming. Also, I'm a self-proclaimed “word nerd” - I adore books: Shakespeare, Sherlock Holmes and Agatha Christie, philosophy, mythology, all that stuff.

...but I'm not an AB or a DL. I joined this forum because I love an amazing guy who is a DL – and I've known for a year or two. I've been learning all I can – so don't feel clueless about something he's into. But mainly so he knows that I'm not going to be scared away. I don't think it's weird, I don't have a problem with it, and I just want him to be happy – and confident that he has all my love and support. ^_^

And I guess, maybe, I hope I can be helpful to others on this forum who might need the opinion of am accepting outsider?

So that's it, I guess. That's me, and why I'm here – thanks for letting me hang around! ^_^

Hey, welcome to the site. Have you played any of the Sherlock Holmes or Agatha Christie games (haven't personally, but heard they are pretty decent)? Also what are some of your favorite games?

Oh one last thing xD, since you like sci-fi, as well as mythology, have you ever read Snow Crash? Its like a mix of cyberpunk and Sumerian mythology, pretty interesting read overall.

I love to see partners of abdl's here, especially as upbeat and cheerful as you; it's fantastic you are not weirded out or coming from a worried and confused place with a subtext bleating "is he ok? is there a cure? where am I going wrong?" or any such piffle. Accepting outsiders we need more of.

Isn't it strange how much more likely a person is to being accepted if they are a Satanist or extreme Communist than diaper-lovin'?

I haven't played any mystery games yet though I do have a Sherlock game I haven't gotten to yet.
    My boyfriend and I have a game systems collection that ranges from the old school NES to the PS3, and I have favorites for every system...but my list is always going to include the Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy series, Legend of Zelda, Psychonauts, Okami, and Tetris!

I haven't read Snow Crash, but I'll look it up! I'm always looking for new books to add to my shelves!

Hey Sweetie, glad to see you finally made your intro post! :-)

PS: Found you ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
    I love to see partners of abdl's here, especially as upbeat and cheerful as you; it's fantastic you are not weirded out or coming from a worried and confused place with a subtext bleating "is he ok? is there a cure? where am I going wrong?" or any such piffle. Accepting outsiders we need more of.

Isn't it strange how much more likely a person is to being accepted if they are a Satanist or extreme Communist than diaper-lovin'?
    Thanks for the welcome, Raccoon! I agree that acceptance is definitely lacking in society today. People are so quick to judge or develop conclusions from a place of ignorance and fear. While culture may try to set the standards for what's "normal" or "acceptable" - but it's our responsibility to make our own decisions about right, wrong, and how we treat each other. It's that simple, and yet it people try to make it so much more difficult than it has to be by trying to measure people by a standard rule. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by AsterBlue View Post
    Thanks for the welcome, Raccoon! I agree that acceptance is definitely lacking in society today. People are so quick to judge or develop conclusions from a place of ignorance and fear. While culture may try to set the standards for what's "normal" or "acceptable" - but it's our responsibility to make our own decisions about right, wrong, and how we treat each other. It's that simple, and yet it people try to make it so much more difficult than it has to be by trying to measure people by a standard rule. :-(
    Welcome!! And, good on you for being accepting! I've told my story about having a couple of relationships end literally on-the-spot when I told that I am an ABDL, so I have a lot of love for the genuinely accepting.

Also, I love most of your gaming choices, as I'm very much a retro gamer and a fan of JRPGs. Again, welcome!