Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My AB neigbours!

Default My AB neigbours!

So, some of you might remember this thread from way back in the summer:

I saw an AB couple!

So this morning I accidentally woke up super early, and being bored, decided to go out for a walk to the wooded/hilly area behind my house. It's a nice walk, and I took my ipod and wandered around for a while.

I eventually turned my ipod off so I could listen to the birds singing, and the stream flowing, and all that other naturey stuff, when I hearv voices coming from the other side of the stream. My vision was blocked from the other side because of the trees and bushes, but I could hear the voices quite clearly. I can't remember the exact words said, but this is the general idea:

Older mans voice: *indiscernable* poor little baby!
    Adult female using childish voice: I am not a baby!
    Older mans voice: But you've done peepee in your nappy, sweetie....

And then I couldn't hear anything else because I was out of ear shot!

Well of course remembering my experience last year, and suspecting they live somewhere near me, I decided to walk along the stream to the bridge, cross over, and see what was going on. I did just that, and lo and behold, it was the same couple as before.

She was wearing a sun-dress type thing, (which is from H and M, I almost bought it last week!) and he was wearing one of the suits everyone who works in the financial district seems to be wearing this year. As I got closer to them, I made sure to kick up a few stones, etc to let them know I was coming, and they quitened down so I didn't hear anyone talking.

I really wanted to go up and talk to them, but I just couldn't. It would have been so weird for me to untrude on their private time like that - I can only assume they were out there having some playtime before he went to work, since it was really early, and it felt wrong of me to get in the way of that.

I haven't seen them for some time now (that's what working odd hours does for you!) so assumed they were maybe just here for the summer or something, or had moved away, but I guess they're still as active as ever!

Wow! It's a small world! (And my city is a VERY small city, by the seems of things!)

You need to approach them! I know they would be interested in knowing you. I think you should just be blunt and tell them that you recognize their ab behavior because you are an ab too. In my opinion I'd rather be weirded out by them, then strangers to them. What do you have to lose?

Hey talula, there is a scottish lady on diaperspace who may be the girl in question. From what you say and looking at her profile she seems to be very adventurous. She has i think brownish hair maybe its blond, you cant see her face very well on her profile. The only thing it says that she is thirty, but on the one pic where you can half see her face she does look real young. Anyway if you want i can pm you profile page and you can judge if its her, it may be easier to say hey over diaperspace than in person

Quote Originally Posted by MrMcAwesome View Post
    Hey talula, there is a scottish lady on diaperspace who may be the girl in question. From what you say and looking at her profile she seems to be very adventurous. She has i think brownish hair maybe its blond, you cant see her face very well on her profile. The only thing it says that she is thirty, but on the one pic where you can half see her face she does look real young. Anyway if you want i can pm you profile page and you can judge if its her, it may be easier to say hey over diaperspace than in person
    That would be great!!

That is pretty interesting!

One piece of advice that I can offer, is to not just barge in and expose your identity, I know that you probably don't need this advice because of the content of your post. I am saying this because, although they may share your interest, some people would rather keep to themselves and just continue living the way they are now. Rather than, instantaneously, becoming your best friend.

In my opinion I would hold off for a little while longer, from your account of the tale it seems as though they aren't in a hurry to pack up and move. See if the whole DS plan pans out. If not then that would possibly be grounds for trying something different. Either way, it's pretty spectacular to know that there is someone so close to you that has the potential to be a good platform for advice and support.

-Ron

How interesting. What are the chances. If only my hearing was that good

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    So, some of you might remember this thread from way back in the summer:

I saw an AB couple!

So this morning I accidentally woke up super early, and being bored, decided to go out for a walk to the wooded/hilly area behind my house. It's a nice walk, and I took my ipod and wandered around for a while.

I eventually turned my ipod off so I could listen to the birds singing, and the stream flowing, and all that other naturey stuff, when I hearv voices coming from the other side of the stream. My vision was blocked from the other side because of the trees and bushes, but I could hear the voices quite clearly. I can't remember the exact words said, but this is the general idea:

Older mans voice: *indiscernable* poor little baby!
    Adult female using childish voice: I am not a baby!
    Older mans voice: But you've done peepee in your nappy, sweetie....

And then I couldn't hear anything else because I was out of ear shot!

Well of course remembering my experience last year, and suspecting they live somewhere near me, I decided to walk along the stream to the bridge, cross over, and see what was going on. I did just that, and lo and behold, it was the same couple as before.

She was wearing a sun-dress type thing, (which is from H and M, I almost bought it last week!) and he was wearing one of the suits everyone who works in the financial district seems to be wearing this year. As I got closer to them, I made sure to kick up a few stones, etc to let them know I was coming, and they quitened down so I didn't hear anyone talking.

I really wanted to go up and talk to them, but I just couldn't. It would have been so weird for me to untrude on their private time like that - I can only assume they were out there having some playtime before he went to work, since it was really early, and it felt wrong of me to get in the way of that.

I haven't seen them for some time now (that's what working odd hours does for you!) so assumed they were maybe just here for the summer or something, or had moved away, but I guess they're still as active as ever!

Wow! It's a small world! (And my city is a VERY small city, by the seems of things!)
    Dang just reading your story and imagining if that happened to me makes me gives me butterflies, I wish I'd ran into an AB couple. I'd love to meet other AB's just don't know how.

I hope you get to talk to that girl (if that's her) but be careful how fast you go about it.

If I where you I would spend some time checking things out early in the mornings if at all possable, you would have to be very descreet about it also. But you seem to know their play space across the creek, I would stay on the other side and just listen, you can learn a lot from listening.

Once you have confermed that they are indeed a AB couple you could have a little early morning play time on your side of the creek, makeing noise just loud enough to get their attention, but don't do anything that may scare them away.

That is quite something. One of these years I would like to make it to other countries and see the culture. One poster said they think the person may be on diaperspace... It's great being new here to see where one is willing to help the other out like that. Sounds like something I would do if someone was looking for some sort of clothing etc.

My advice is pretty much the same as everyone elses. Keep your distance and only approach them if it feels right to you.

They were doing these things in public and fairly openly, implying that they aren't exactly shy about this aspect of their relationship. Thus, they would probably be interested in befriending one of their own. However, actually being confronted might also cause them to respond drastically. Try to get into contact with them via other means (like diaperspace as mentioned above) and if they want to keep it to themselves, respect their wishes and leave them be.

Either way, congratulations and best of luck to you.