Thread: Help with cell phone ringtones.

Default Help with cell phone ringtones.

sooo...I finally figured out how to upload ringtones to my phone using songs off my computer. I have currently run into only 1 problem.

The sound of the ringtone when someone calls me is near silent, the phone volume is all the way up and it plays fine if I "preview" it. But as soon as it is set, BAM!!! Quiet...

Anyone know how to fix this?

PaddedPuppy

What phone is it?

If you are sure the ring volume is set on the highest setting, are you sure it isn't set in ascending mode where it slowly increases?

Like stuart said what type of phone is it and on some phone ring volume is different from phone volume.

If it is on high, you might have to edit the song in a editor that can increase the volume then upload it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddy View Post
    Like stuart said what type of phone is it and on some phone ring volume is different from phone volume.

If it is on high, you might have to edit the song in a editor that can increase the volume then upload it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    What phone is it?

If you are sure the ring volume is set on the highest setting, are you sure it isn't set in ascending mode where it slowly increases?
    It is a Samsung Itensity 2. The volume plays all other ringtones just fine. And the volume of the song is up, because is previews fine.

If it helps any. Here is the process I am going through. I get my MP3 file, Put it in a program called Audacity, which allows me to edit just the portion of the song I want, I then use Mobile Media Converter to make it into a AMR file, which is the only way I can get it to play on my phone. once it is done I put it in normally by connecting my phone to the computer and putting it into the folder labeled ringtones.
    Last edited by FauxPas; 20-Apr-2011 at 18:13.

Quote Originally Posted by WingDog View Post
    It is a Samsung Itensity 2. The volume plays all other ringtones just fine. And the volume of the song is up, because is previews fine.

If it helps any. Here is the process I am going through. I get my MP3 file, Put it in a program called Audacity, which allows me to edit just the portion of the song I want, I then use Mobile Media Converter to make it into a AMR file, which is the only way I can get it to play on my phone. once it is done I put it in normally by connecting my phone to the computer and putting it into the folder labeled ringtones.
    I suggest using Ringtones, MP3s, Wallpapers, Videos and more from Myxer.com it sounds like its similar to audacity. All you do though is take music on your computer and upload it on the site, you will see a create your own option. You select your file and then it lets you customize what section you want, how long, if you want it to fade in and out, how loud you want the ringtone. You can have up to 40 seconds of audio to customize.
    If it doesn't fix your audio problems without having to change the settings when you customize it I bet all you would have to do is select how loud you want the file to be, because it is totally separate from your phones ringer.

I like the site a lot, I have made at least 100 ringtones.

also to get the tone, it sends a text to your phone with a link to download the tone, so you will have to have internet on your phone.

I use Gold Wave to edit out parts of songs for ringtones. Using it you can edit out any part of a MP3 and raise the baseline volume or lower it.

I've made ringtones our of. Mumford And Sons, New Politics and... My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. Sad thing is, having 30 second long ringtones of "good" parts of songs is a douchebag move if you don't answer the phone in a public place in .2 seconds flat. fine, about 5 seconds is the limit I think. Any slower then that your liable to be murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Sad thing is, having 30 second long ringtones of "good" parts of songs is a douchebag move if you don't answer the phone in a public place in .2 seconds flat. fine, about 5 seconds is the limit I think. Any slower then that your liable to be murdered.
    Haha.. my wife's current ringtone is "My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard..." although now she wants to change it to Ring 'Round by Jackie Q on the Get Him to the Greek soundtrack. It's a fairly dirty song but seems like it would make an oddly good ringtone. A ring, a ring around my dirty posy...