Thread: First cloth diaper!

Default First cloth diaper!

So I got my order from Tri-County-Cloth today. Ordered a 5-layer fitted diaper and three 3-layer inserts. I'm already planning on buying another, this time a 9-layer.

When I first started posting on here someone suggested I try cloth since I'm more of a wearer than a user. Meaning I don't often pee in diapers so I'll wear a disposable 2-3 times. Cloth is great for me in that respect. I still like the disposables as well for variety if nothing else, but I'm loving the fitted cloth. I'll probably wear way more often now since I no longer have the using up disposables problem which both means I need to order more and that I need to get rid off the used one. Neither a super easy prospect when living with roommates.

I also got the velcro closure which some others said they didn't like but I love. For me even the small size which is what I ordered the tabs come together in the middle and even overlap a bit so the velcro panel is totally covered up. Maybe the exposed velcro is why some people don't like it?

Much like how I can't explain my interest in diapers at all I also can't really explain this. I know I like the connivence of the velcro but a Snappi I think would be just as easy. There's just something I like about the velcro closure that adds some extra appeal.

Anyway between the really great customer service from TCC and the great product I cannot recommend them enough. I think it's all pretty much run by one person too.

Amen! I have switched to cloth and I'm in love! I still enjoy disposables, but for now, I'm a cloth addict.

I don't know if I'll ever "use" them but I am curious to see how the work in the regard compared to disposable. Right now I don't even have any plastic pants anyway as I wanted to order some more "interesting" ones than the clear ones TCC sells. I've changed my mind though and will be ordering the ones they sell with my next order. Partly I'm doing that just because she was so great to deal with and I don't feel like trying a new retailer.

Quote Originally Posted by banter View Post
    I don't know if I'll ever "use" them but I am curious to see how the work in the regard compared to disposable. Right now I don't even have any plastic pants anyway as I wanted to order some more "interesting" ones than the clear ones TCC sells. I've changed my mind though and will be ordering the ones they sell with my next order. Partly I'm doing that just because she was so great to deal with and I don't feel like trying a new retailer.
    If you do use them, do keep in mind that it takes a few washings before cloth really get their full absorbency. The fibers have some natural oils that need to be washed out, and the washing also fluffs them up a bit.

Enjoy!!

How do they compare to disposables in regard to softness and comfort? I have a few cloth diapers but they're all the flat kind with soakers in the middle, and I don't quite like the way they bunch up. Do the fitted cloth diapers feel more like disposables?

They definitely feel different. I have zero interest in the folded or even contour diapers. I like the leg elastic. I've tried folded cloth before actually and it did nothing for me but I love the fitted ones. The feel is different but the fit is the same as disposables. They do kind of feel similar to the cloth backed Abenas but it's still a different thing. Hard to explain exactly how. I'd suggest trying one though. When you look at the cost of disposables, especially if you buy the high-end stuff a $30 cloth diaper that is re-usable countless times is a pretty good deal. I mean even if you don't like it you've missed out one what… a few weeks cost-wise of disposables?

Not a big deal imo cost-wise.

Results for Adult Diapers

---------- Post added 22-04-2011 at 17:01 ---------- Previous post was 20-04-2011 at 04:29 ----------

I just purchased my second from TCC. Ordered another fitted with velcro this time with a slightly high rise, 9+1 layers and a nice pastel blue striped outer. I'm not exactly sure what I ordered in comparison to what I already have. I think the one I have is "five" layers. The two outer layers and three soaker layers. The one I just ordered is "9" layers and I paid for an additional "full layer". So I think that makes it 10, but I don't know exactly how/if the full layer differs from the other 9 or how exactly the number of layers is counted.

Regardless of precisely what I end up getting I'm sure it will be great as the one I already have is fantastic.