Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Make Fast Easy Money

KansanRod44

Default How to Make Fast Easy Money

I need a way to make easy money for more diapers. Anyone got a suggestion?

I do work around the house for small bits of cash every now and then. Bigger jobs than my general chores bring in $5 to $20 a job depending on the amount of work it is. Ask your parents if they have chores that they aren't too excited about getting done, see if they'd rather have you do it for a small fee.

Babysitting is another one, I never got into that though...

Then there's always getting a part time job, that brings lots of money...

could put an application in at mcdonalds.
    worst thing they can do is not hire you :v

nimimerkki702

You won't need a lot of money, so you could ask your parents (if you're young enough). You could also offer to mow the lawn or do other basic jobs for your neighbors. There are many ways you can make some money, just don't do anything illegal, and you'll be fine.

One easy way to find jobs in your neighborhood is look for people busy working. Washing their cars, cleaning their gutters, mowing their lawns, walking their dogs, digging weeds, washing windows. And ask them if they'd like to hire you to do it. It's much more effective to catch people in their "moment of weakness" when they're already thinking "I'd rather be doing something else". You could also go door to door in your neighborhood and see if anyone has any work for you, but that's a lot of door knocking for not a lot of response. Or make a little note saying you're looking for odd jobs and print out a bunch of copies and put them in people's doors. (DO NOT put them in mailboxes, the mailmen get upset)

You can try a more targeted approach, see if you have any relatives that live nearby, like grandparents, that would like some help with something. They tend to pay better and will often go out of their way to find something for you to do because they know you and want to help, and like your initiative. ("well I've been meaning to put in a flower bed out front...")

Must be a generational thing. When I was growing up, doing those chores fell under what I did in exchange for food and shelter and cloths and such. I can't imagine how it would have gone down if I'd refused to mow the lawn unless my parents paid me... it would never have even occurred to me to do so.

As for easy money... if it was easy everyone would be doing it. The people who make easy money came up with something original and nailed it before anyone else. Once word gets out that there is an easy way to generate cash... everyone starts doing it and it, things get competitive, and it no longer gets easy!

Usual teenage "how to get money" suggestions apply. Get a part time McJob, paper route, maybe offer to do some labour type jobs for neighbors (mowing lawns, splitting wood, etc).

It must be lawn mowing season in Kansas by now... Are there any folks (and if my grandparents are any indication, every spring older folks are often looking for somebody reliable to do their lawn) in your neighborhood who need a hand with yard work?

Put up flyers or, better yet, talk to your family/friends about wanting to make some extra cash. They might know somebody who is looking for some help. They won't need to know what exactly the money is for.

BTW, I don't know if there's such a thing as (reliable, legal) easy money.

Quote Originally Posted by BoundCoder View Post
    Must be a generational thing. When I was growing up, doing those chores fell under what I did in exchange for food and shelter and cloths and such. I can't imagine how it would have gone down if I'd refused to mow the lawn unless my parents paid me... it would never have even occurred to me to do so.
    Back then though barter was more important than money, so you were learning barter. Your work for your food and shelter. You didn't need to learn the value of money as much as kids do today. Today it's all about money, hardly anyone barters anymore. Money is a better way to go anyway, because barter requires each person to have something the other person wants. Everyone wants money so it's the universal barter.

Nowadays parents need to teach their kids the importance of money or the world will take advantage of them. Look at all the kids that get themselves deep into credit card debt before they're halfway through college. Those kids never learned the value of money and it's kicking them in the teeth. Around half the adults I know aren't good at managing money, and that's a shame. How many married couples have arrangements where one of them manages the money because the other isn't good at it? A lot.

Jobs teach kids the value of being employed, and the responsibility of managing money, two very important skills.

Even people that consider themselves "good with money" I scoff at. People that talk about what they're going to do with their tax return or their college loan. Drives me crazy to see people spending their college loan money on a new TV. Money burning a hole in their pocket before they even get it. People living paycheck-to-paycheck, not because they're poor, but because they feel they just have to spend money if they have any amount of it in their wallet. But I suppose some of that gets into the wisdom of saving money, and that too needs to be learned. You can't learn to save money if you never have any to save. And when you're still living at home may be your last opportunity for a little while to have money you can save. People ask me what I'm going to do with my tax return, I always find that a funny question. "Put it in the bank of course?" Oh you are, really? well I'm going to spend it on ..... *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    Back then though barter was more important than money, so you were learning barter. Your work for your food and shelter. You didn't need to learn the value of money as much as kids do today. Today it's all about money, hardly anyone barters anymore. Money is a better way to go anyway, because barter requires each person to have something the other person wants. Everyone wants money so it's the universal barter.

Nowadays parents need to teach their kids the importance of money or the world will take advantage of them. Look at all the kids that get themselves deep into credit card debt before they're halfway through college. Those kids never learned the value of money and it's kicking them in the teeth. Around half the adults I know aren't good at managing money, and that's a shame. How many married couples have arrangements where one of them manages the money because the other isn't good at it? A lot.

Jobs teach kids the value of being employed, and the responsibility of managing money, two very important skills.

Even people that consider themselves "good with money" I scoff at. People that talk about what they're going to do with their tax return or their college loan. Drives me crazy to see people spending their college loan money on a new TV. Money burning a hole in their pocket before they even get it. People living paycheck-to-paycheck, not because they're poor, but because they feel they just have to spend money if they have any amount of it in their wallet. But I suppose some of that gets into the wisdom of saving money, and that too needs to be learned. You can't learn to save money if you never have any to save. And when you're still living at home may be your last opportunity for a little while to have money you can save. People ask me what I'm going to do with my tax return, I always find that a funny question. "Put it in the bank of course?" Oh you are, really? well I'm going to spend it on ..... *sigh*
    Totally agree on the financial management stuff, although I don't entirely agree on the cause. I think part of the problem is kids are growing up with almost a sense of entitlement, and when they get out in the real world they expect that same "I want it now" attitude to still work. I think a lot of adults basically need someone to say "You can't afford a new laptop and your old one works fine. I know your friend just got a new laptop... but she makes more money than you.". To this day I'm tight (but not excessively) with my money, because as a kid, it was scarce. As a result of having a good job and being borderline frugal... I've managed to avoid serious debt. It amazes me to see people who make more money than I do (and I make a pretty decent wage) struggle to keep 10 credit cards under control... then go out and buy a new TV.

WarrenW

Quote Originally Posted by Jakethefox View Post
    could put an application in at mcdonalds.
    worst thing they can do is not hire you :v
    No, the best thing they could do is not hire you!