Thread: Computer Help with private software

Question Computer Help with private software

So on my regular computer i know my dad installed some type of software that allows him to see my history, but im using my laptop thats using the same modem as my regular computer. Can my dad see my history my laptop ??

Alecs

Nope, only on the desktop. It won't affect the laptop at all. And even the desktop may be circumvented by using "Private browsing" in the browser settings. I'm not saying it will , but if it's the cheap trackers then ya it will.

If you have to go through a router in order to access the Internet then there is still the possibility to have your web traffic monitored especially if he is computer savvy. one way to prevent people seeing the sites on a router is to use secure browsing and use https vs HTTP in the address bar. if you believe that he installed something on your computer try an antispyware software like spy bot search and destroy, its free and should find and remove (user action) any intrusive software.

Quote Originally Posted by woofcub View Post
    If you have to go through a router in order to access the Internet then there is still the possibility to have your web traffic monitored especially if he is computer savvy.
    I have to agree with this. I can monitor traffic through a router or a switch, depending on the software loaded...