Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's a good plastic pant?

Red face What's a good plastic pant?

I've never been one to wear plastic pants, but I did get one for free with my last order from ABU (more than a year ago...). Heard it helps with leaks at night, so I usually wear it then. Last night the unthinkable occurred, I leaked!

So, I'm in the market for something that will help with the leak issue. I had peed laying on my back at the time, but I think the direction of the hose was misguided... at any rate, I'm due for something new/better.

I see an old post here, these places still recommended? Looking for good quality plastic pants

I've ordered diapers from here before, anyone else order their stuff? B4NS

I'm considering an order from xpmedical, thou the shipping to Canada is mighty high...

Looking forward to suggestions!

I'm also wondering about this. There's so many options too I have no clue what to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by DLJim View Post
    I've never been one to wear plastic pants, but I did get one for free with my last order from ABU (more than a year ago...). Heard it helps with leaks at night, so I usually wear it then. Last night the unthinkable occurred, I leaked!

So, I'm in the market for something that will help with the leak issue. I had peed laying on my back at the time, but I think the direction of the hose was misguided... at any rate, I'm due for something new/better.

I see an old post here, these places still recommended? Looking for good quality plastic pants

I've ordered diapers from here before, anyone else order their stuff? B4NS

I'm considering an order from xpmedical, thou the shipping to Canada is mighty high...

Looking forward to suggestions!
    Doing a quick once-over of the old thread, it looks like it's still valid stuff. I personally would recommend adultclothdiaper.com or llmedico.com. Make sure you measure your legs and your measurements wearing whatever diaper you'd wear to bed. If there's a gap in coverage (as in the pant has ridden up over part of your diaper), then you'll have a leak.

Yes, adultclothdiaper co. carries Leakmaster and other brands. Leakmasters have held up well for me, but I wash them in the morning in the shower. At Angela Bauer's suggestion, I now use dish washing liquid to wash them. I rinse them very thoroughly and then hang them to dry on a plastic hanger. With any plastic pant, body oil will damage them. The dish detergent breaks the oils apart.

I like the high back Leakmasters because they are soft, comfortable and cover the diaper.

I say check out the Suprima range. Very good quality German pants, a little pricey but they last, there is a design shape to suit most people. I use them at night (S1250) wider crotch / higher back and a great fit over most nappies.

Plain vinyl can tear easily. I like a vinyl-coated polyester or nylon pant. Too, plastic pants over a disposable aren't enough to stop leaks unless there's something under the pant to absorb the liquid/urine. Kins, and others, sell lined plastic pants. I rely on Kins terry-cloth lined pants. Once in a while I'll find the terry-cloth damp, my disposable having leaked, but never once has that leak gone beyond that combination. I like the peace of mind.

Gary brand is the best that I have used. The ATD leakmaster is made by Gary as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nappies4me View Post
    I say check out the Suprima range. Very good quality German pants, a little pricey but they last, there is a design shape to suit most people. I use them at night (S1250) wider crotch / higher back and a great fit over most nappies.
    Pros and cons to snap up pants vs pullons? Noticed the 1250 is snap up.

Snap pants always seem in theory to be very prone to leaks but people seem to love 'em. I have no idea as I have never owned any.

What would you guys suggest style-wise to wear over Tri County Cloth's fitted diapers with a 30" front to back rise? I'd like something that fits pretty snuggly over them. I could have ordered plastic pants from them when I ordered the diaper but I kind of wanted something more interesting than the standard transparent vinyl pull on pants.

With snap-ups, you do all your changing lying down, and you don't need diaper pins. To put on a diaper, lay the open pant on the bed, lay the diaper in the pant (shaped to the pant), lay down on the diaper, pull the front up between your legs and snap shut.

To change, unsnap, drop the front between your legs, pull out the wet diaper, clean yourself, and put the diaper on as above.

If you like lined pants or all-in-ones, get snap-pants. Lined pullups take forever to dry.

Front snaps (or velcro-close) are better than side snaps. They are easier to put on and they don't pop open. They also are the right shape for a properly folded diaper.

If you sleep on your side and wet heavily, snap-side pants will leak out the side opening if your diaper doesn't absorb it all before it gets there. But pull-ons will leak just as much (out the legs and top). If your diaper doesn't absorb it, it has to go somewhere and ti will eventually leak. The trick is to fold the diaper to trap and absorb it before it gets there, which is easier with a snap-front pant.