Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Cool Summer Topic

Talking A Cool Summer Topic

What's your favorite sno-cone (snowball) flavor(s)?

My all-time favorite is egg custard. Tastes a lot better than it sounds.

Second favorite is cherry
    Third Favorite is chocolate

I love them topped with a scoop of marshmallow creme. Yummy!

Growing up in the city, just about every neighborhood had a snowball stand operating during the Summer, usually in someone's backyard facing the alley. A great way to cool off in the evening before the days when air conditioning was widely used. I've been thinking of buying a small ice shaver and favorite flavors to make my own cool Summer treats.

~Pramrider

I can't really recall having too many sno-cones... but my favorite flavor, I think, was/is watermelon. It tasted nothing like a real watermelon, of course, but was very sweet, which is always good for me ^.^ Otherwise I'll eat just about any kind of 'standard' flavor such as raspberry or blueberry. I can't imagine how egg custard would taste.... By the way, is marshmallow cream the same as (or similar to) whipped cream? That also sounds a bit interesting.

Blu-Raspberry or Strawberry. Eh, I'm not that into Sno-Cones, all the flavor sinks to the bottom and you end up with a cone of colored ice, drinking up the syrup. Though, there's nothing wrong with that now is there ; )

Quote Originally Posted by whitefox View Post
    I can't really recall having too many sno-cones... but my favorite flavor, I think, was/is watermelon.

By the way, is marshmallow cream the same as (or similar to) whipped cream?
    That is my favorite flavor of sno-cone as well, whitefox!!

No marshmallow cream is completely different from whipped cream!!

I've only had 2 snocones in my life, and they were both at least 5 years ago. I can't really say I have a favorite flavor. We have slush puppies, which is kinda similar, just a bit more watery and in a cup, and I like the blue kind.

Never had a sno cone, slush in a cup dosent do anything for me, I would rather have a frozen yogart, or some real homemade ice cream.

There is a place not far from my house that sells homemade ice cream, it's good but too many useless calories for me.

I've only ever had one sno-cone in my life, it was blue but i don't know what flavor it was. I've always been more of an ice cream person.

Wow I didn't know that there were other flavors other than cherry or blue raspberry (because that's all they sell here!). So with those two flavors being the only ones I've ever had, I'd say blue raspberry, never been a fan of anything cherry flavored.

Quote Originally Posted by Kams View Post
    Wow I didn't know that there were other flavors other than cherry or blue raspberry...
    Yep, here's a list of them. Though my egg custard favorite isn't on it. They do list your Blue Raspberry. I bought one of their ice shavers for my mother-in-law before. It works pretty good. I'd like to get one myself.

Shaved Ice and Snow Cone Premium Syrups

~Pramrider