Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spotting an AB/DL

Default Spotting an AB/DL

I'm on a mission to use Holmesian deduction to find other DL's. As easy as it would be to try to find a local DL online (which actually isn't always that easy) I personally would prefer to meet/find another DL in person. I did an extremely simple and unprofessional survey (I went "facebook stalking" on ADISC :P) and found that the most common interests were creative arts (ie music, videos, drawing, writing), reading, computer stuff/video games, mostly non-contact sports, and some obscure sciences. As far as personality I would say that most DL's are introverted and slighty sensitive about being a DL (that is there are very strong emotions attached to being a DL and those emotions are expressed differently). Most DL's lean towards being creative/imaginative. That's about it. Pretty rough but still narrows it down some. I would have to guess that this was common knowledge though.

I would like to further my investigation by asking what are some general behaviors that you other AB/DL's have.

I myself fidgit alot, don't look people in the eyes, and often not focused/either looking around or staring into space.

Sad to say, you most likely won't be successful.

DLs are normal people, on the whole. The interests you describe sound like the interests of slightly nerdy/creative people, but still overall normal people.

I have a friend who's assimilated completely; that is, he's 'totally normal' to most people. He has lots of friends, he goes to parties...everything seems normal. I have another friend who's bullied horribly. And I have me, who's got no local friends at all. The fact is, we're all normal. And like normal people, we're alldifferent. Don't think there are certain personality traits uniquely presented in DLs, because, well there aren't.

AB/DLs are as diverse as the average joe on the street, if I'm honest I fit your description pretty well but there will be equally as many AB/DLs who are the opposite. The only thing that links all of us is an interest in diapers and/or baby paraphernalia, this is the only guaranteed way of identifying us. We can see this as a bad thing as it means we can't identify any AB/DLs in our town without using the internet but at the end of the day having people from all walks of life with a wide range of personalities just shows that we are normal people who just happen to like diapers as well.

I understand that this will be a very difficult feat but I am determined to find something. I find it very difficult to believe that there isn't at least a kind of subtle hint that would give some clue of a person being an AB or DL. If we just dug deeper. Maybe if we set up a hypothetical situation. Imagine we are all invited to a fancy dinner party. Let's start with the invitation...actually let's start before that. The mail has come on a Monday afternoon. Action.

-The Invitation
    My dad get's the mail (I live at home with my parents). There is a letter for me. He comes to my room and gives it to me. I am either playing my hand-me-down acoustic guitar or on the laptop checking my email/facebook/adisc/etc or writing. I hop over the railing of my bed and quickly and lightly walk towards my door, look in my mirror, unlock the door and receive the invitation. I read the front to get a clue of what the contents may be and see that the sender is unfamiliar. Regardless I proceed to open the letter with my index finger. "You are invited to the fancy dinner party at this address (10 minutes away from home regardless of whatever transportation you use). Starts at 5pm goes until whenever(on a date on which you can attend). Dress is semi-formal." The invitation includes pictures of the place the party will be. It's an elegant mansion on a beautiful estate filled with topiaries, walkways, and fountains(plus whatever other features that attract your attention inside or outside of the mansion). Half an hour to an hour later I ask my dad if I can take the van to go to this party and he let's me go (which is out of his character but we're not studying him). I have already planned out what I'm going to wear by the time the day of the party comes. My light blue button-down shirt, khaki pants, boxer briefs, dress socks, and black, rubber bottom dress shoes. I look in my mirror. Satisfied I go downstairs get a drink of water to show that i'm about to leave. My parents say good-bye I say good-bye back. I get in the van, start the car, buckle my seat-belt, adjust the seat while adjusting the mirror. Once ready I put the car in reverse. Then I'm on the road.

The problem is... you've described ABDLs on the internet. Most people who are apt to join communities online are introverted to some degree and into the things you mentioned, regardless of being ABDL or not.

Loopygone

Don't listen to these guys, they're just weird.

It is well know that your average "abdl" walks at a slightly slower pace then average, has an aversion to the music of U2, sneezes on July the 12th every year, and most telling of all, is unable to understand the concept of perpetual motion.

But seriously. There is nothing that really links us, apart from obviously having this fetish. I went to a meet recently, and all sorts were there. Extroverted bouncy bubbly people, introverted quiet ones, people who liked electronic music, people who liked rock, people working in good careers, others unemployed, others at university, others who'd never been. There is not other marker to lump us all together, and any attempt to try to will fail.

As for your hypothetical situation, I don't really understand what we're meant to do.

Quote Originally Posted by P3NGY View Post
    The problem is... you've described ABDLs on the internet. Most people who are apt to join communities online are introverted to some degree and into the things you mentioned, regardless of being ABDL or not.
    He's got the idea: Sampling bias

More adequately, most people that frequent a forum type of site are introverted individuals, and introverted individuals tend to have hobbies like playing video games and/or solitary arts and do not relate to sportsfans. That this is a site for *B/DLs just goes to show that they are like everyone else. The ones that are on forums are just like forum-goers the world over.

Finding an AB/DL in person is...well unless they're making it very publically obvious, not going to happen. Case in point is my own experience, I talked to and developed a slight friendship for someone who happened to go to the same school as me. I found out some years afterwards that he was a DL and had worn to school on a regular basis.

Would never have suspected on either account (DL or wearing to school). As for myself...I don't use forums other than ADISC, I just have nothing to do on them and ADISC is where I come for support/advice/companionship from other people who I can relate to on a level I can't relate to anyone else on.

Quote Originally Posted by Romans58 View Post
    I understand that this will be a very difficult feat but I am determined to find something. I find it very difficult to believe that there isn't at least a kind of subtle hint that would give some clue of a person being an AB or DL. If we just dug deeper.
    Is that person wearing a diaper? Has that person told you they are an AB/DL? These are as subtle a hint as you are going to get I'm afraid. I love your optimism but as virtually all of us want to keep this a secret from the general public and so try avoid hinting about this side of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    s unable to understand the concept of perpetual motion.
    In my house we obey the laws of thermodynamics.

Alright, maybe I won't find a single subtle charicteristic that is associated with being *B/DL (but it wouldn't hurt to try). However I still have to believe that there is a way to find out using deductive reasoning. One's persona must be consistent unless they have a multiple personality disorder. Obviously it would be wise even if I am 99% sure that someone is *B/DL to make sure that they are comfortable with me before asking them about it. Sorry guys I'm just too determined to do this.

---------- Post added at 12:09 ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    I went to a meet recently, and all sorts were there.
    How do you find out about these meets? I think it would be helpful to go to one.