Thread: Nurses and diapers

Default Nurses and diapers

I have worked in long term care for years and have put on my share of diapers. I have been partnered with mainly very pretty females. I often watch her as she diapers patients and wonder what it is like to be the patient. Admitting I am a DL and have always wanted to experience this.

From my perspective as a nurse (and I am a male nurse, mind you), putting on a diaper is just another thing to do, like starting an IV or doing an NG tube. Most of the nurses I work with actually dislike diapering more than most tasks, and it never seems to be a "pleasant" experience for the patients.

Yay, another nurse! Yah, diapering a patient is pretty much just another task in the day. It also is most definitely not one of my more favorite times of the day either... especially when a bedridden client manages to get C Diff *vomits*. Guess students must be a really nice break for the staff, not having to clean butt and whatnot. Also, from the patients side of things I don't know that even if they were *b/dl that they really would be all that excited. When I was in the hospital after I hurt my back I honestly didn't care what was going on, just give my my pain meds and get the cath out of me and we're good!

I don't think their are many nurses or patients that get the pleasure out of diaper changes that many ab/dl's imagine.

Yea, having friends who are CNAs (nursing assistants) they say it sucks, the older they get the worse it gets.

I worked for a short time as an assistant and had to change diapers. I'm DL and I hated it. Most of the time it was nasty. I quickly removed this job title.

Quote Originally Posted by maccracker18 View Post
    Yay, another nurse! Yah, diapering a patient is pretty much just another task in the day. It also is most definitely not one of my more favorite times of the day either... especially when a bedridden client manages to get C Diff *vomits*. Guess students must be a really nice break for the staff, not having to clean butt and whatnot. Also, from the patients side of things I don't know that even if they were *b/dl that they really would be all that excited. When I was in the hospital after I hurt my back I honestly didn't care what was going on, just give my my pain meds and get the cath out of me and we're good!
    Well my grandad got C Diff from being in hospital before he died... I can appreciate it's not the greatest fun in the world, but I'm still glad you guys were there to do that for him.

No its not fun ,,,it is what it is ,,,Having your diaper Changed is no big deal ,,Like most DL/AB think it would be

The nurse dose it to get the job done ,,,and as the PT you want it over as fast as can be ,,,When Ive been in the hospital I have just told the nurse to leave me a pack of them in my night table and I will change my self