Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How would you react if it was trendy to wear adult diapers

teamaster

Default How would you react if it was trendy to wear adult diapers

I would be confused........but happy.I have told some people and they think it's cool

Not one for trends...but I'd milk it for all it was worth.

I'm so out the second it's cool.

Dragonforce used to be really cool. Then people started posting live videos on youtube and Guitar Hero came out and now they're tremendously lame. Zombie movies used to be pretty rad. Then they started making more zombie movies. Being in a band and not being cool used to be cool, but now being cool by not being in a band is totally accepted as being a very cool thing, and once thing's are publically cool they're hardly cool at all. There isn't much that is cool actually, cause like, there's a thin line between stuff that sucks and stuff that just became cool, and then you've got like, four days until it burns out and dies. There's also cult stuff, but if your cult gets too internety then it gets ruined. Every time I see an Army of Darkness shirt I die a little inside. There's also things that are legendary, and they could be things that were too good to be ruined or were great, became awful but totally came back. Mario games, Lord of the Rings, Onion Rings, Dr. Pepper, stuff Jim Carey says and Kevin Bacon are amongst these. The legacy of Bill Murray should be there, but people keep trying to ruin it by making a big deal about it. Mythbusters may also be well on it's way there.

Some stuff is still cool and not cultish at all, but they also aren't big enough to be legendary. Chocolate Milk, the Power Rangers, Forrest Griffiin, Opeth, improvised beat poetry directed towards people you only kind of know and Homestarrunner. That might be a bit esoteric actually. I wish I could include Dog the Bounty Hunter, but he might be a little too rough around the edges for some people. That's totally part of his charm though.

teamaster

Whenever I reead your posts, it's like some morbid demon's voice is reading it to me in my head.Personally, diapers are too fun to give up.I think people shouldn't do or stop doing things because it is or is not cool.It's a stupid notion.

Quote Originally Posted by Slang View Post

Dragonforce used to be really cool. Then people started posting live videos on youtube and Guitar Hero came out and now they're tremendously lame. Zombie movies used to be pretty rad. Then they started making more zombie movies. Being in a band and not being cool used to be cool, but now being cool by not being in a band is totally accepted as being a very cool thing, and once thing's are publically cool they're hardly cool at all. There isn't much that is cool actually, cause like, there's a thin line between stuff that sucks and stuff that just became cool, and then you've got like, four days until it burns out and dies. There's also cult stuff, but if your cult gets too internety then it gets ruined. Every time I see an Army of Darkness shirt I die a little inside. There's also things that are legendary, and they could be things that were too good to be ruined or were great, became awful but totally came back. Mario games, Lord of the Rings, Onion Rings, Dr. Pepper, stuff Jim Carey says and Kevin Bacon are amongst these. The legacy of Bill Murray should be there, but people keep trying to ruin it by making a big deal about it. Mythbusters may also be well on it's way there.

Some stuff is still cool and not cultish at all, but they also aren't big enough to be legendary. Chocolate Milk, the Power Rangers, Forrest Griffiin, Opeth, improvised beat poetry directed towards people you only kind of know and Homestarrunner. That might be a bit esoteric actually. I wish I could include Dog the Bounty Hunter, but he might be a little too rough around the edges for some people. That's totally part of his charm though.
    I'm totally onboard with this.

If it becomes a trend, I'll just have to start wearing my shirt as pants. >:

Thats not cool :p

Jus' kiddin', but telling people what is and what isnt cool, just isnt cool. I'm not into this fetish because it's a fad, I'm in it because its a part of me. I dont fit into any clique, I think they're stupid. I listen to the music I like, watch the tv I like, I have my own ideals, and chocolate milk is F*****g epic!

-Ron

I think some people are missing the point...of course we don't just pick up diapers and put them back down depending on if they're 'trendy'; I mean, diapers are NOT trendy now and yet we still wear them. But if diapers became a fashionable article of clothing (like pacifiers did for a while, but that was more imitation of the raver culture, I think), and everyone was wearing them, it wouldn't be 'weird' for someone to wear them visibly. Heck, even after the fad died down people would probably just think someone wearing adult diapers was 'behind the times' or a little quirky, as you would if you saw a teenage girl with a pacifier today.

This is really unlikely to happen though, and a lot of that is because for something to be a fashion statement, PEOPLE HAVE TO ACTUALLY SEE IT. You'd either need to a) wear diapers over your clothes (so they're purely a fashion statement), b) wear no pants (impractical and embarrassing if you need to use them) or c) wear extremely THICK diapers under your clothes (so their presence is obvious)...c) would obviously be best for most *Bs, but I still don't think it would catch on. For one, big bulky pants would be a hassle for moving around, for another, I don't see how diapers would become popular. Most trends come from certain 'cool' subcultures gaining visibility in the public eye; ravers, emos, punks all gave us unique fashion trends for instance. Who wears diapers, in the public's mind? Incontinent people; babies, old people and people with a disability. Most people would not want to project that image.

This is the age-old question-of-the-day when it comes to acceptance. Here we have this wonderful little community where we all understand each other (to a point) and can commiserate and offer a shoulder in solidarity. It ends up being a paradox of sorts since while we seek greater acceptance among a larger community, in return, we must then sacrifice some of the fraternal (and sororal) intimacy that makes our 'escape' so meaningful. When others join the movement, what ends up happening? It waters it down. They don't do it to be malicious. Although some flakes would get in on it to be 'cool', many others might join because they actually want to take an interest in the cause. (I am speaking generally, since this can really apply to any 'outside' movement becoming an 'inside' movement.) This ends up introducing many new variables which weren't part of the make-up of the community previously.

What is the solution for this? No clue. While it would genuinely bug me if wearing diapers became a fad, I know there isn't much I can do about it. I think if this trend became a ground-swell, it wouldn't change what they meant to me. In the end, it isn't the wearing of diapers that does it for me, but rather the internal emotional reaction I get from them. We cannot shut ourselves off from the outside world, but at the same time, keeping my ABism a private matter (with a few minor exceptions) ensures its sincerity and authenticity in my life. This isn't a shot at those who are open to sharing it with the world; more power to you! I think every one is just a bit different, be it an introvert versus extrovert mentality or what not.

Fads will always come and go. If at the end of the day we're able to pull in a few people who are honest-to-goodness AB/DLs to our fold and provide them some semblance of comfort and support, I will consider it a win for everyone.

...Lord of the Rings, Onion Rings, Dr. Pepper...
    Wait, they were out of style at one time?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronbeast View Post
    Thats not cool :p

Jus' kiddin', but telling people what is and what isnt cool, just isnt cool. I'm not into this fetish because it's a fad, I'm in it because its a part of me. I dont fit into any clique, I think they're stupid. I listen to the music I like, watch the tv I like, I have my own ideals, and chocolate milk is F*****g epic!

-Ron
    Only if it's Scotsburn. Central Dairies is junk :P